Memorial Day Ride - Oregon

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofreeride

Reaction score
EDIT: Cancelled due to rain and lack of interest.

Meet at the McDonald's parking lot in North Plains (Hwy. 26, exit 57). Kick Stands Up at 10:00am. Be there at 9:30 (or before) if you need gas, coffee, or breakfast.

The route is shown below and here is a Google Maps link. Approximately 5 hours of riding with a stop in Garibaldi for lunch. The morning will be mostly twisty mountain roads, and the afternoon will have some coastal roads, along with more twisty mountain roads. End in McMinnville.

Please respond to this thread if you plan to attend. Thanks.

2760872430103318019S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to plan on it and keep an eye on the pass reports. If there isn't ice on Santiam or Mt. Hood I should be good. Need to leave here by 5AM.

Meet at the McDonald's parking lot in North Plains (Hwy. 26, exit 57). Kick Stands Up at 10:00am. Be there at 9:30 (or before) if you need gas, coffee, or breakfast.
The route is shown below and here is a Google Maps link. Approximately 5 hours of riding with a stop in Garibaldi for lunch. The morning will be mostly twisty mountain roads, and the afternoon will have some coastal roads, along with more twisty mountain roads. End in McMinnville.

Which day did you decide on???

Thread title notes Monday, May 31st... ;)

facepalm!

facepalm!
Not to worry! I've done the same thing a bunch of times... be thankful you didn't post on a Friday... ;)

Dang, you are going to ride some of my favorite home roads... Alas the Monday is bad timing for me..... Well have fun!!!

Forecast is for partly cloudy (i.e, mostly sunny?). Should be a good day to ride. Please confirm by posting here. We will go alone if we have to...

Dang, you are going to ride some of my favorite home roads... Alas the Monday is bad timing for me..... Well have fun!!!

Forecast is for partly cloudy (i.e, mostly sunny?). Should be a good day to ride. Please confirm by posting here. We will go alone if we have to...
I'm down for it.

You folks have fun. I ended up with out of town company and they want to ride East insted of west.

Well, it's 7:30 PM on Sunday. Weather looks like total crap for tomorrow. 80% chance of rain all over the entire area. So...I'm going to pass.

I've done enough rain, sleet and snow riding in my day to know when Mother Nature should have her way with my riding plans.

Let's put another ride together ASAP. I'll spend the day tomorrow stalking steelhead on the Santiam instead.

Bob

Cancelled.

Rain in the forecast all day. No confirmed riders. My wife doesn't want to go in the rain, and I rode all day Saturday anyway. Thanks. Maybe we'll try it again.