• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Cycleport

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky

Reaction score
Not sure this is the right forum, but here goes.. :glare: :glare:

Three years ago I bought a riding outfit from Wayne at Cycleport. As is happens after three years I had to get some alterations. I called for an appt as I was going to ride there on Saturday. He is open Monday thru Friday but he offered to come in on Saturday for me.. My friend Dale joined me for the ride, it was 102 miles thru the mountains from Indio, CA to the 15 S to San Marcos. (Great Ride) After seeing how nice Wayne at CyclePort was and the fine products, Dale deciced to buy the new Kevler Grey and Black complete riding suit. This is not cheap stuff, However it is the best!!! He makes the everything right there. Wayne had to recut the Jacket for me and I bought a Pair of riding jeans that he is custom cutting. His pricing was great and he is sending it to me next week>>> Great service.

I asked Wayne about a Group Buy for the board and he was very responsive to it. So how does everybody feel about something like this???

Steve "Lucky" Wilber

www.motoport.com

Yes.... I have been looking at their mesh pants and jacket...

Yes I would be also interested! :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked Wayne about a Group Buy for the board and he was very responsive to it. So how does everybody feel about something like this???
I was actually going to call him and find out how he felt about showing up at WFO on Friday or Saturday with some samples and ready to take measurements of actual customers, once some WFO details are nailed down and vendors can start making plans.
A lot of people would be much more impressed by actually getting their hands on the stuff and I think he would sell quite a few outfits, not unlike Skyway's sliders went over at WFO-5.

+1 on the G.B.

I'm going to San Diego for MLK and am planning a visit to the shop.

I will contact Wayne at Cycleport and tell him the good news and find out the prices or discounts.

Lucky

I was actually going to call him and find out how he felt about showing up at WFO on Friday or Saturday with some samples and ready to take measurements of actual customers, once some WFO details are nailed down and vendors can start making plans.
A lot of people would be much more impressed by actually getting their hands on the stuff and I think he would sell quite a few outfits, not unlike Skyway's sliders went over at WFO-5.
Great idea TC, here is a #. Please mention Steve Wilber and the FJR board.

Wayne 800 777-6499

snikr, they do. I wear the air-mesh kevlar overpants and you can get them on/off really fast without removing your boots (provided you aren't using the waterproof/windproof liners which adds double the zippers, storm flaps and double the velcro). If you ask, they'll leave off their logos on the belt-buckle flap (see rainbow motorcycle in the pic at the link above). Or some folks have simply colored it with a black Sharpee to hide it. They'll leave the logos off of the jackets also if you ask, although they're not so flamboyant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear the Ultra II Kevlar. Great gear. I ride in shorts and t shirt under them in the summer. Wayne is really easy to deal with. He met my wife and I for our measurements at a McDonalds in Escondido. I just washed mine and they came out like new. Mine is black, but is not hot in summer. I have heard others complain a little that the lighter colored jackets fade a bit. I don't need a group buy. My gear will last me for years.

I think being able to see, touch, and have measurements taken at WFO is a great idea. also give some time to save some "farkle dough". So many farkles, so little time and money! :dribble:

LC

Spoke with them last Thursday to get sizing information and to place an order - BUT --

It was explained to me that their suits are now cut and sewn in China to reduce the wait time for their customers (was 14 weeks).

Also -- they said pending on the shop that made the garmet, my size could range from XS to Large (seems weird to me).

So -- I'll wait to hear some feedback on the quality and fit of the chinese garmets prior to purchasing. There was no indication of how to know if you would receive a garmet cut/sewn in their US shop or overseas.

FWIW.

Spoke with them last Thursday to get sizing information and to place an order - BUT --
It was explained to me that their suits are now cut and sewn in China to reduce the wait time for their customers (was 14 weeks).

Also -- they said pending on the shop that made the garmet, my size could range from XS to Large (seems weird to me).

So -- I'll wait to hear some feedback on the quality and fit of the chinese garmets prior to purchasing. There was no indication of how to know if you would receive a garmet cut/sewn in their US shop or overseas.

FWIW.
Does this apply to the mesh jacket/pant products?

I' like to think that the size label shouldn't matter as long as the garment matches the measurements.

Quality might be another issue altogether. One would assume they have checked samples of the workmanship from China before signing an agreement, but that could vary from garment to garment depending on being sewn in a factory setting or in a home workspace.

I' like to think that the size label shouldn't matter as long as the garment matches the measurements.
Quality might be another issue altogether. One would assume they have checked samples of the workmanship from China before signing an agreement, but that could vary from garment to garment depending on being sewn in a factory setting or in a home workspace.

This is the way of the world.... I would think that the company has to stand behind it's product no matter where it is made.

Next you are going to tell me the the Big Three auto makes make all the products in North America.

Give me a break <_<