Sargent Seat photos for 2006-2007 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daddysbike

Reaction score
SargentFJR4.jpg

SargentFJR3.jpg

SargentFJR2.jpg

SargentFJR1.jpg

I got the rider portion only, rear is stock and I didn't feel like taking the tailbag off for photo's, sorry wife is out of town and kids are in the bath but don't worry the fashion police would be o.k. with the setup and considering I never have a passenger or take off the tailbag I like having only spent $300 for a good looking, comfortable seat that is wider, more supportive and level not sliding me into the tank. If you've been debating a new seat, buy this one you'll be happy you did and if you think its not good enough send the stocker into Russell/Mayer while you ride on the Sargent and sell the Sargent when your stocker returns. I've had Sargents in the past and they've always done the job. I was tempted by the Russells etc for the extra width and "wings" and figured I'd just sell the Sargent if not satisfied since I've had hip surgery August '06 and bad low disks. I was suprised to see the Sargent for my FJR be wider than stock and have "wings" like the others though not as large looking. Great seat!

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve is that a new cortech sport tailbag ?? how do you like it?? I'm tossing the cortech or the nelson riggs cl100/150

did you look at them both?

Thanks for the update Steve. The new seat looks great. Is the seating area a different color or does it just look that way because it is a different texture? Still trying to decide between the Sargent and the Russell.

Steve is that a new cortech sport tailbag ?? how do you like it?? I'm tossing the cortech or the nelson riggs cl100/150did you look at them both?

It is a Cortech sport tailbag from the sport tribag system. I think its ~18liters where the Nelson Rigg is ~30liters-38 liters. Its smaller but does the job with my daily Cortech super mini tankbag:

supermini_inside.jpg

For longer trips I use the tailbag with the Nelson Rigg expandable tankbag:

g18039.jpg

What's the delivery time on a Sargent? Nice looking by the way. A lot of bang for the buck.

Had mine a week after ordering. I've never waited more than that for any Sargent seat (this is my 4th).

Steve

Thanks for the update Steve. The new seat looks great. Is the seating area a different color or does it just look that way because it is a different texture? Still trying to decide between the Sargent and the Russell.

The Sargent may be more of a "gloss black" where the stock maybe more of a "matte black" but not a real big deal. If it really bothered you, you could order the passenger seat when it comes out in a month or so.

Steve

Mine with the Carbon insert should be here early next week.

I have that same tail bag as well as their mini magnetic tank bag. Very nice bags that have held up very well over the years.

I use the tail bag now on my OEM top box mounting rack when I don't have the top box on. Looks killer there when facing the other way (narrow profile forward).

Your right, I didn't see the other option for the $299 price. What's the difference between CarbonFX and Griptex?

WS-560F-09 - Griptex, Black Welt, Black Trim

$299.95

WS-560F-18 - CarbonFX, Metallic Silver Welt, Black Trim

$319.95

WS-560F-19 - CarbonFX, Black Welt, Black Trim

$299.95

WS-560F-NS* - Non-Standard Configurations

Optional Colors:  Cobalt Blue, Custom

$319.95*

*Restocking fees apply

SS-731R - Do-It-Yourself Matching Rear Seat Cover:

$39.00

Your right, I didn't see the other option for the $299 price. What's the difference between CarbonFX and Griptex?
Griptex is actually the more slippery of the two ?!?!???

That being said whenever I wash the bike (every oil change) I spray the seat with some product I got to protect leather/vinyl (not Armor all) that makes it farily slippery but I don't mind becuase the seat is now level and I don't slide into the tank. Please note that I'm not sliding all over the place and I don't even notice it, you just don't "stick" to the seat like you would with a leather seat and that's o.k. too.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I get the shipping notice from UPS that my new seat left FL at 10:25 PM 3/29, hit Dallas at 2:50 pm 3/30. I live a stone's throw from DFW airport. So when will UPS get to my house? Not until 4/3 ?!?!?!?! WTF? I could walk over there and get the dang thing!

So, I get the shipping notice from UPS that my new seat left FL at 10:25 PM 3/29, hit Dallas at 2:50 pm 3/30. I live a stone's throw from DFW airport. So when will UPS get to my house? Not until 4/3 ?!?!?!?! WTF? I could walk over there and get the dang thing!
That's funny. Mine left Florida on 3/29 and is due to arrive in NY on 4/2. Seems like it should get to Texas faster than NY ?

Got mine yesterday! Fit and finish are perfect! What a nice seat. Much nicer than any of the 4 or 5 Corbin's I've owned over the years.

I've only 15 miles on it but I can tell it's a winner. Much better than stock. It's flat, wide, and firm which is just what I wanted.

It may be slightly lower than stock but not much. It may actually feel taller at rest since it's wider which makes your legs have to reach slightly farther out to get down to the ground. Not a big amount at all but I noticed it. Feels slightly shorter at speed based on knee position but again, only slightly. More later.

I wasn't so happy to find a note from Sargent stating that the CarbonFX insert is especially prone to marking and scuffing so I should be careful not to contact it with my boot when mounting the bike. Otherwise, I may not be able to return it without a re-stocking fee if I didn't like it. It would have been nice to know this beforehand. I might have gone with the Griptex or leather insert instead.

I'm curious how long it took Sargent to process your order. I sent my seat Feb. 5; it arrived at Sargent Feb. 9. Just yesterday, April 3, I got an e-mail saying my seat would be shipped back to me that day. That's seven full weeks. Seems slow and seems slower than the predicted 3 to 4 weeks stated at the time I sent the seat.

WS-560F-09 - Griptex, Black Welt, Black Trim

$299.95

WS-560F-18 - CarbonFX, Metallic Silver Welt, Black Trim

$319.95

WS-560F-19 - CarbonFX, Black Welt, Black Trim

$299.95

WS-560F-NS* - Non-Standard Configurations

Optional Colors: Cobalt Blue, Custom

$319.95*

*Restocking fees apply

SS-731R - Do-It-Yourself Matching Rear Seat Cover:

$39.00

The price showing on the Sargent site is $349.95 for the WS-560-19??

Where did the $299.95 come from?

~ Kirk