Warm&safe "Calentito!" 65 watt heated jacket liner???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't know about that one but this one is also the shixnit...
https://www.webbikeworld.com/heated-motorcy...ynergy/vest.htm
Yea, that is the vest that started me looking. However it is pretty much out of stock everywhere. I have also heard bad things about the heated gloves by tourmaster.

I have kind of decided to go with the quality of Warm & Safe. My biggest concern with the "Calentito" is at 65 watts, is it hot enough. The wattage is between Widder at 55 with arm chaps and Gerbing jacket liner at 75.

The Warm & Safe standard Jacket liner looks great at 100 watts, but I don't want to try and power 2 of these + heated grips when I ride double with my wife.

Drive-by. Cute. So, a buddy of mine sent them back to motorcycle superstore after the first ride. The wiring is a nightmare, the connectors seem like radio-shack specials. He and I are not short, stubby fingered people... and the thumbs were too short for the size (the other fingers except index and thumb were actually ok). Seams digging into the ends of your fingers BLOWS.

And the small matter of really sketchy heat. It would be on, low, and ok. Then off, though the controller showed on. The highest setting, when turned on, was a skin graft at the burn center kind of experience. I mean, hot when not moving, ok, but this... too much. And medium was no different than low.

And compared with his big winter gloves (the bmw winter gloves, whatever they're called) and my revit's, they just aren't all that protective-feeling either. Granted, they do put out some heat, but the gerbings are SO much better, why fool with these when the interconnects are such a PITA (aside from QC issues, I think)

We're both trying out winter gear right now, and he decided on the full bmw koolaid setup, i think that's gerbing. Of course, he's got 500w to spare, lucky bastard.

I'm now waiting on my warm'n'safe jacket liner and handgrip warmers with heat troller (to be used in conj with the Vstrom handguards i just put on -- love those all the way down to about 10C.)

Interesting stuff, ngarider.

I just ordered the whole setup (dual Heat-troller, Carbon Gloves, and 65w liner) from FirstGear (all made by Warm'n'Safe). The First Gear branded gloves by WnS are insulated and have a waterproof barrier, the ones sold directly from the WnS web site don't, that's why I went w/ FG.

It's on order. So I'll try to review once I get it all installed and tested.

Yea I have Synergy gloves and vest. The wiring is a RPIA, and the gloves are bulky and yes the thumb is too short...but im stuck with them. The vest is great though.

Ngarider,

Are talking about Warmnsafe new gloves: Here's the link The Ultimate glove

If you are I have to disagree with you. I was actually one of Mike's (owner of warmnsafe) tester for this glove and can't say enough on its overall function, protection and qualty. Besides he just started making this glove about 6 months ago. Now on the other hand :huh: the gloves he sold prior to this one where imported and IMO way too big and bulky plus you could feel the wires in your palm. I just didn't care for them at all.

One other thing I can tell you is that Mike & Sue at Warmnsafe really take of their customers. They are one of few companies left that still give a sh@t and are willing take that extra step when needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gerbing, plain and simple. Lifetime warranty on the electrics. G3 gloves are not bulky and very warm. Use a controller to control the wattage. I gave my Widder vest and arm chaps to my brother for the Gerbing.

Ngarider,
Are talking about Warmnsafe new gloves: Here's the link The Ultimate glove
ngarider was talking about the TourMaster Synergy heated gloves that are new on the market. They have been nearly universally panned. The WarmNSafe product is well-liked in most of the reviews I've read of them and by posters on the ADVRider forums.

--

You apparently can get the WarmNSafe gloves with the waterproof barrier directly from their website, but you have to add a note to the order requesting them rather than the non-waterproof version.

Thanks Jazz... yeah, I was talking about the Synergy gloves. They suck, and there's a good reason they suck.

I left a voicemail with Mike @ W&S with some questions, and though I ended up finding the FirstGear branded stuff, Mike returned my phone call (from Taiwan, no less, on business) and we had a nice chat. For those of you that have dealt with people like Wayne @ Cycleport, Mike really seems to be the subject matter expert on heated gear -- it's what he does, it's what he cares about. If you have any questions about heated gear, call Mike. All their stuff is assembled here in the USA, and, most importantly, QA'd here in the USA.

I've been riding with the warm n safe heat troller - liner - and gloves (waterproof) for the last two months. The first pair of gloves I got were measured correctly but just too small for me. Mike at warm n safe exchanged them without a hitch

The heat troller was pretty straight forward to install I have the single unit. And it allows me to adjust the gloves and liner from off to always on. To keep it always on it has to be low 40s or less. I have found them to be quite adjustable.

The gloves do feel better to wear after 1000 miles.

The Liner is designed to be close to the skin which takes a little rethinking on how you layer your clothing. I have found it is also not too warm when turned off and the tempuratures outside get warmer.

Last long ride started out at 45, went down to 34, and finished at 65. The liner was fine all day long. I did change to my non heated gloves when the temps got over 55.

I don't the past experience with other clothing or controllers, but what I'm hearing in this tread indicates there may be some controllers that are not very adjustable.

Glad to answer any specific questions.

Mark

Interesting stuff, ngarider.
I just ordered the whole setup (dual Heat-troller, Carbon Gloves, and 65w liner) from FirstGear (all made by Warm'n'Safe). The First Gear branded gloves by WnS are insulated and have a waterproof barrier, the ones sold directly from the WnS web site don't, that's why I went w/ FG.

It's on order. So I'll try to review once I get it all installed and tested.
GunMD - Have you gotten a chance to test your gloves yet? I'm just about to buy a pair of the First Gear Carbon Electrics, but wanted to know your opinion of them. I already have an Aerostich heated liner so I'll have to do the wire down the sleeve thing I guess since my Aerostitch didn't come with wiring for gloves so I'm stuck with that minor inconvenience. Thx for any comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Warm-N-Safe 100 watt liner and gloves with the dual heat troller. They work great! I have yet had to turn them up to the max heat setting. The only gripe I have is on the gloves. I wish the gauntlet was a bit larger. It would make sliding them over my jacket sleeves just a bit easier. With the demise of Widder, the choices are getting smaller for heated gear.

As far as your original question about the 65 watt liner? Change your bulbs to HID; free up some extra wattage and don't worry 'bout a thing! :rolleyes: