2008 FJR Owners Volcano Ride #4

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blufjr

blufjr
Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Updated: 6-18-2008

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=24pt]FOVR 4
[/SIZE]
-
[SIZE=24pt]June 20-22, 2008 – Packwood, WA.
[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt](3 day event[/SIZE][SIZE=14pt])

[/SIZE]
We will organize a group ride, and a group dinner; therefore we need to establish who is coming. Register by posting in separate string noted "Registration for FOVR 4". (Clicky)

The [SIZE=12pt]Volcano Ride[/SIZE] in the past has been an Event that supported the "Ride" with a brief meeting at Windy Ridge. The First year we made it to Windy Ridge, but the last two years we have been stopped due to snow. In 2008 the event is scheduled one week later and historically has been open to Windy Ridge, but in all fairness to the Forest Service, it could be closed next year, as we do not have control over the weather. Chances are, we will not have any problem. The 2008 event will be as follows:
Event Location
: Packwood, WA.
Base Motel
: The Inn of Packwood: See "Base Motel" string for information.
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=29193(Click Me)
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=29193

Friday evening BBQ Social
and check in. BYO food and drinks or group purchased, Make a selection from the food list further down in this thread, post food you will bring or if you can't make it. Late arrivals can eat the left overs.
What to bring:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=29195&view=findpost&p=402456
Food list to select from
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s=&showtopic=29195&view=findpost&p=402456

Main Event
: Killer Ride on Saturday. Open for discussion here and at Friday evening BBQ. Bring a Map of your favorite ride.
Suggested
Ride #1
:
https://home.comcast.net/~kenhattan/Volcano4/FOVR_RIDE_1.jpg(Click for Map)
https://home.comcast.net/~kenhattan/Volcano4/FOVR_RIDE_1.jpgLeave Packwood at 7:30 am to Windy Ridge (51m), to Carson (128m), to Glenwood (175m), Goldendale lunch/gas (211m) to Bickleton (246m), to Yakima (310m) to Chinook Pass (377m) to Packwood (405m).
Suggestion
Ride #2
:
https://home.comcast.net/~kenhattan/Volcano4/FOVR_RIDE_3.jpg(Click for Map)
https://home.comcast.net/~kenhattan/Volcano4/FOVR_RIDE_3.jpgLeave Packwood at 8:00 am to Paradise, Mt. Rainier National Park, to Morton for lunch to Johnstson Ridge, back to Packwood. (280m). Requires entry fee to R.N. Park.
Organized Dinner

:huh: on
Saturday Night 7:00 pm
. Peters Inn. Prime Rib dinner for those that request it, and or order off menu as you like. Evening Cocktails behind the motel after dinner. Beer availble from the Grocery store next door.
Breakfast
and good byes on
Sunday morning. 7:00 am
. Ride home the long way.
:yahoo:

As always, we
:huh: are open to suggestions. Just remember, someone has to make a choice.

[SIZE=12pt]__________Who is signed up and reserving a room at the INN?_[/SIZE]
--650cent(1)-----------blufjr (1)(1PR)-----------KentFJR06 (2)(2PR)---------Ocfjr (2)(2PR)--

jaffjrae(1)(1PR)-------
--bbailey925 (2)(2PR)-----------juniorfjr (1)(1PR)-----hottrodd(1)(1PR?)-

LDRyder (2)(2PR)-------sockmonkey(2)(2PR)-----Airbear(1)(1PR)---

fjrwalker(1)(1PR)-----IronMaiden & Big Chief Stinky Pants (2)(2PR)-----
BBQ(1)(1PR) ----
-

Stephen(1)(1PR)---------FJRYaz (2?)-----------jgrover (4)(4PR)------------FJRkid(2?)(2PR?)

-----
------

----

:yahoo: ------Number of participants (#)
, Prime Rib Dinner (#PR)-------- :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, too damn many threads going for an old fekker like me to figure where to post for this so here it is. I just booked Fri and Sat night at the Inn. Wendy was very nice. Move this to another thread if appropriate.

Ralph

OK, too damn many threads going for an old fekker like me to figure where to post for this so here it is. I just booked Fri and Sat night at the Inn. Wendy was very nice. Move this to another thread if appropriate.Ralph
Sorry, just trying to make this forum work like a web page. The thread that I was requesting you to long into and record your registration was accidentally closed. I had requested the Admin to close the original Poll covering the vote between the 1 day and 3 day event, but that didn't happen. It should be fixed soon. When done, I would appreciate it if you would go to and check the appropriate box to show that you have registered for two nights. I can't do that because it won't let me vote twice and I don't have the ability or means to move anything. Sorry for the hassle.

We're in (Marissa and I) for all three days. We will do a long ride there on Friday.

Registered at the Inn of Packwood for two nights!

:dribble: :dribble: :clapping:

:yahoo: [SIZE=14pt]This is the 2008 Premier PNW FO's get together[/SIZE]: :yahoo: A great place to meet other FJR owners and to ride some of the State's best and most beautiful country as well as being next to snow capped active and idle Volcanoes. :thumbsup: The roads aren't too shabby either. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now if you are a LD rider, and live anywhere within 1500 miles, this shouldn't be much more than an exercise with a lazy sight seeing day (400mi) in between. Food Call: Come for the Friday evening BBQ at the Motel.

If you live in the PNW, this ride should just be a yearly event. You will never tire of these roads. New FJR Owners can come and meet and see some tricked out FJR's. Also know as, having been Farkled. Come and learn.

If you haven't signed up yet, please do so soon so we can determine if we need to reserve more rooms at the INN before the end of February.

Mt. St. Helens Right Now: (HD view) or Click to see the Mt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey KenHow about posting a list of the folks signed up so we can start bugging some of the uncomitted that we are in contact with?
According to the registration thread there are 12 signed up. There are 12 posts noted there that indicate that they have registered. Unless persons haven't indicated in the Poll or noted below it, I wouldn't know.

:tease: The truth. I thought Airbear said that he had made reservations. That would be one more.

On the side I have talked to a number of individuals that don't usually monitor or post here, that said they were coming. Two with FJR's and one with a FZ1. I'm up to 16. Should be fun. Warchild indicated on the FJR1300 mailing list that he couldn't make it because he was mounting tires for the Utah 1088. :to_keep_order: So, no Rock Stars. But you never know who will show up.

It's early and there should be more based on the original poll, but it would be nice if all that want to come would go ahead and make reservations by the end of Feb. just incase we get 30 or more.

Lets make sure we get the locals and others that may be interested. :telephone:

[SIZE=14pt]The route sounds great. [/SIZE]

My two cents if there is time to add some scenic and windy road sections... on the way to Goldendale from Glenwood turn right at 142 and head down to Klickitat. Follow 142 all the way south to Lyle. Cross the Klickitat River at Lyle and turn back north and follow the Centerville highway to Centerville and turn left to Goldendale.

Oh, and I am really trying to fit this event into my schedule.

[SIZE=14pt]... on the way to Goldendale from Glenwood turn right at 142 and head down to Klickitat. Follow 142 all the way south to Lyle. Cross the Klickitat River at Lyle and turn back north and follow the Centerville highway to Centerville and turn left to Goldendale.[/SIZE]
Oh, and I am really trying to fit this event into my schedule.
Good suggestions. That could be an option to the Bickleton sections. 417 vs 405. Or just add it to the ride and make the ride 50 more miles. Might have to leave an hour earlier to get back for dinner. Good discussion item for Friday night BBQ.

Go ahead and sign up now, then cancel later if necessary. You never know, the snow may still be on FSR 25 and Windy Ridge may still be closed due to the extra amount of snow this year. Then again, It may be warm and rain for days and clear it all up. You know Mother Nature?

I checked bases with Peters Inn for dinner on Saturday June 21st and it is a go. :yes: So for all you FJR Owners not participating in this event, note this as a DINNER CALL. They did requested that if we have more than 20 people, that it may be a good idea to establish the main course for dinner, that way they could order enough food. While I prefer to just order off the menu, I thought I would solicit the group's response. To make it easy, I have listed three options. :polling:

1. Order off menu no matter how many show up.

2. Establish a chicken dinner.

3. Establish a prime rib or tenderloin dinner. (Tenderloin would be special order)

We can also do or have something specially made, like warm apple pie alamode desert (just a thought). Or if there are enough that want one of the above we can let them know the numbers. I will not transmit any of this information until a week before the event.

:popesmiley: [SIZE=12pt]Pray for Snow Melt[/SIZE]. :rabbi:

I'm fine with the menu unless we are going to slam them. If you need to choose, 2x prime rib. We're a bunch of red meat eaters on this forum. = :thumbsup:

We're a bunch of red meat eaters on this forum. = :thumbsup:
Let's see... We eat red meat, routinely talk about guns, ride motorcycles, and dream of spending our tax rebate checks on farkles to stimulate the economy. My God! We must all be Republicans! ;)