06 FJR Pix I Had Not Seen Before

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
Hope I'm not violating board protocol by pasting a link to *another* board but could not figure out how to paste pix here.

Found these - some I had not seen before. I especially like the 360 degree view one.

06 FJR Pix

Those pics all look like 05 FJR's to me.

(btw: Not to worry, unlike some other boards, we have no problem with posting links to other places)

Sure enough. Those pics are all of an 05. Still, there were a couple nice cut-away photos I had never seen before.

I like and hadn't yet seen the engine cutaway. It was a relief to see that the final drive output pinion gear was supported front and rear-I haven't had it apart, and the Yam manual left the impression it was supported at the rear only-and had worried me a little.

The last pic in the bunch looks like the 2006 that used to be on the Yamaha web site before they pulled it and went back to the 2005. The most obvious sign is the large silver area underneath the gas tank that is not on the 2005.

Doug

Yep. That last pic is now of the 06. Funny, that wasn't there when I made my initial post above.