'06 magazine reviews.....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

designeraccd

Reaction score
I got both my Cycle World and Motorcyclist today, still nothing on the newly revised FJR for '06. Checked at Barnes and Noble also: nothing in any of the UK mags on the bike. Has anyone seen anything concrete, as far as a "test" goes on the new FJR? DFO :eh:

They can't test what they can't ride! Since there are no '06s available, we'll have to wait until Yamaha hands them out, probably after the March/April arrival dates.

As long lead time press review bikes (and cars) are supplied by the manufacturer well before the vehicles are availible for sale, one could wonder if Yamaha simply doesn't "need" the publicity? Of course in Europe where this stooopid pdp bs...err program isn't the norm one might think that Yamaha would like publicity about its "new" FJR to compete better in that market, but so far el zippo in any UK mag, too. At this rate I guess my first opinion will be formed when I see, sit on and try out my bike before writing out that sizeable check for her...nutz. Yup...waiting SUXX! DFO :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told by Yamaha that the press intro would be in South Africa this spring. One would think that this would take place before the factory delivers bikes to new owners??? None of the magazine editors that I know have heard anything regarding when this will happen.

Seems weird to me,the bike isn't to much different except for the push button

shifter, i've been waiting for the mags to get hold of a ZX14 too. <_<

I got both my Cycle World and Motorcyclist today, still nothing on the newly revised FJR for '06. Checked at Barnes and Noble also: nothing in any of the UK mags on the bike. Has anyone seen anything concrete, as far as a "test" goes on the new FJR? DFO :eh:
You could offer to donate your 06' so the mags will have a bike to test..................

:beta:

:p :bleh: :p :p :bleh: :p

Seems weird to me,the bike isn't to much different except for the push buttonshifter.................
Uhm, ooookkkkkaaaaayyyy. And all the body work, the adjustable fairing wings, the windshield, the nosepiece, the wider cowling and inlets, the handlebars, the seats, the linked brakes, the tail rack, the curved radiator, the front fender, different passenger peg mounting and location, +30 lbs. Other than that its the same bike.

Of course, that's all from my vague and limited memory after seeing the bike one time at the Alice's Restaurant unveiling.

Looks like the Stars are the only demo bikes.  :angry:
Not at every show...

"Ride a Yamaha! Visit one of the following events that indicates demo rides are being offered. Sign up and show your valid motorcycle operator's license to ride a new FJR, V Max, FZ1, FZ6,... "

Chicago, Daytona, and Atlanta, the next three consecutive shows, will most likely have most of the new Yamaha models there for inspection and test rides.

Click the line in my sig. below and look at the pictures and schedule.

IF Yamaha is going to have any ready for demo rides, these shows would be the best bet as the production run might have some ready by then. Since some waiters are being informed by their dealer to expect delivery in late March or early April, it makes sense.

madmike2 Posted on Feb 5 2006, 10:59 PM<snip>

Uhm, ooookkkkkaaaaayyyy. ..... Other than that its the same bike.....(list here).....Of course, that's all from my vague and limited memory after seeing the bike one time at the Alice's Restaurant unveiling.
Nice list, Mike, of '06 mods[ :D ]; but, you forgot one little (almost insignificant) thing -- a longer swingarm. :eek:

Yup, I'm sure there will be demo rides in Chicago this coming weekend: might be in the 20s with snow....perfect bike weather..........NOT! DFO <_<

10 - 4 Barn, 05's in San Jose too. I wanted to ride one but was working at the helmet and leather check and didn't get the time. It was rain delay anyway. Painman. <"(((((>< :rolleyes:

madmike2  Posted on Feb 5 2006, 10:59 PM<snip>
Uhm, ooookkkkkaaaaayyyy. ..... Other than that its the same bike.....(list here).....Of course, that's all from my vague and limited memory after seeing the bike one time at the Alice's Restaurant unveiling.
Nice list, Mike, of '06 mods[ :D ]; but, you forgot one little (almost insignificant) thing -- a longer swingarm. :eek:
Yeah, I just ripped the reply out of my aged brain. I knew there was more...like the 12v plug, etc. You are right, I forgot about the swing arm and that could make a big difference in how the bike rides, feels and handles.

Its really a moot point, as TWN pointed out, the test rides they're giving are '05s. I'm guessing the first '06s will be released to the press next month, so by April or May we should see the first articles, maybe sooner from the electronic magazines.

I guess I'll just keep riding my '05 and :D and :D and :haha: .

Thank God (or fate or karma or the alignment of the stars and planets) I'm not a waiter!

I picked up a Rider mag last week and they are starting a section in the magazine directed at just sport touring bikes. I guess its going to be a regular feature, possibly blossoming into its own mag at some point but I wouldn't be surprised if the FJR is featured in there in the next month or so.....