'08 FJR sighting

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTwisty

Reaction score
While riding with gasportrider I saw a bright and shinny '08 FJR on Hwy. 52 near Ellijay, GA on Saturday 1/12/08.

Are you out there lurking on the forum somewhere? If so, let's go for a ride sometime.

That was very likely me. I was all over that area Saturday. There was a blue V-Strom ahead of me. He knows the roads. Had lunch in Helen and hit many back roads going back to Woodstock. I got my breakin mileage done and did an oil change when I got home. This bike rocks. It is my 3rd FJR and they just keep getting better. My first with ABS and I do like this capability. I would like to meet other FJR riders but I do not hit the turns that fast although I have been known to go triple digits in the straights. Some might feel held back but I ride my ride and do not try to compete. I just love to ride and often go to N. Georgia/Tenn/N. Carolina.

Well, I'm also in the area. Live in Cartersville, work in Kennesaw (chastain rd). I'm generally on the FJR, but I'm lacking in some cold weather gear, so it's parked for most of this week. Always looking to meet other FJR riders, an can be easily convinced to haul the FJR out in the cold for a meet up.

Nice bike Norm. I ride my own ride too. I think that is the sign of an experienced and mature rider. I don't care if I get left behind. I can always find my way home.

PM me sometime if you want to go for a ride sometime.

You too Calimus.

Perhaps I'll meet you guys at the show this Saturday in Atlanta.

MrTwisty

I am not sure about riding plans. I was supposed to meet a S.C. friend in Clayton. He just bought the new Connie and thinks he made a better choice. I would bet he will bail out on me because of the weather. I was also thinking about the luncheon but I really hate to go in town. A better choice is always the mountains. Let's wait until mid week and see what comes and maybe we can meet up somewhere.

I see you play tennis also. That is what I do with all my free time. Got my ass kicked tonight.

Hey Norm,

I think I saw you as well. It would have been the day after Christmas and you were in a pack of 3 I think. If it was you it was somewhere near 140 in the Roswell , Alpharetta, area. New Black, with the bags on. You?

I see you play tennis also. Got my ass kicked tonight.
I know the feeling. I've had mine kicked a few times myself. I keep telling myself it builds character.

I am a 4.0 and play in Rome most of the time. Some of the guys a play with play ALTA and they have tried to get me to play ALTA with them, but I don't want to drive an hour to Atlanta and spend all day there on Saturdays. I'd rather play a few sets in Rome or Calhoun and then go for a ride to Johns mountain or Fort mountain.

05 FJR rider here in Chattanooga, and ride over Ellijay, Fort Mountain, Dahlonaga, Murphy way quite often. Gommie a shout out next time anyone wants a good day ride.
Will do Frayne. Are you going to the show in Hotlanta this weekend?

There are several fellow FJR owners meeting at the Yami booth around 11:00 Saturday, and we are going to lunch at Jocks and Jills across the street at 1:30.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be at the show on saturday, though I'll be sans FJR as the wife took a look at the temps and said no way is she even riding bitch in that kind of cold. So cage it shall be :(

Yami booth at 11 sounds good if I don't accidently hibernate to late that morning.

That was very likely me. I was all over that area Saturday. There was a blue V-Strom ahead of me. He knows the roads. Had lunch in Helen and hit many back roads going back to Woodstock. I got my breakin mileage done and did an oil change when I got home. This bike rocks. It is my 3rd FJR and they just keep getting better. My first with ABS and I do like this capability. I would like to meet other FJR riders but I do not hit the turns that fast although I have been known to go triple digits in the straights. Some might feel held back but I ride my ride and do not try to compete. I just love to ride and often go to N. Georgia/Tenn/N. Carolina.

Hey NormK,

I live in Holly Spring, GA. Just PM me sometime if you liked to ride some weekend. I moved form the Southside of ALT to the Northside last month and don't have any riding buddies on this side of town. It would be great to ride with some new friends.

Dave

Dave, your only spitting distance from me as well. Well a short hop over Hwy20 anyway.