1,000 mile Fatsider (190/55) report

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DragonflyTN

Reaction score
I'm sure that all ya'll are just waiting with bated breath and goggled eyes to hear how things are looking/feeling after 1,000 miles on the new 190/55 Pilot Road 3.
omg2.gif
sleepysmileyanim.gif

To make a long I have to say I'm pretty dayum happy with the change.
cowboy.gif
About 850 miles of this 1,000 miles was two up on some significantly curvy roads.

The previous two sets of tires on this bike were 180/55 PR2s.

Positives:

1. Significantly more stable feel - I've always felt the FJR was a little bit squiggly in corners.

2. Noticeably less effort on turn in and in rapid changes of direction.

3. A lot less peg dragging when two up.

Negative:

None so far. Tire wear looks better than the PR2s at this point.

So far so good on my bigger 023GT also....it's been to ID, NV, CA, OR and WY since I put it on and taking a quick jaunt two-up up over some local roads called Beartooth and Chief Joseph this weekend (and adding MT to the list). I don't see a downside yet either other than a huge increase in the size of my chicken strips.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far so good on my bigger 023GT also....it's been to ID, NV, CA, OR and WY since I put it on and taking a quick jaunt two-up up over some local roads called Beartooth and Chief Joseph this weekend (and adding MT to the list). I don't see a downside yet either other than a huge increase in the size of my chicken strips.
So where did you get your 190 023 gt? Local dealer showed me the catalog, and there wasn't a 190 listed with the GT designation.

Also don't see it here

I was gonna order a PR2, but they'd take a week to get here, and I need new rubber on the rear by the weekend.

I'd like to replace next time with 190, and would like that to be a BT-023-GT, unless the 03s are available by then.

I usually get @ 10,000km from a rear, with 42+psi

Last edited by a moderator: