1" ram ball mount for cell phone

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my Perfect Squeeze phone mount yesterday. There are not enough good things that I can say about this! Smaller than I expected, and very impressive craftsmanship. There is absolutely no way that my LG V20 with case could possibly fall out of this. This phone/case combination is fairly large but the Perfect Squeeze holds it with no issue.

I received my Perfect Squeeze phone mount yesterday. There are not enough good things that I can say about this! Smaller than I expected, and very impressive craftsmanship. There is absolutely no way that my LG V20 with case could possibly fall out of this. This phone/case combination is fairly large but the Perfect Squeeze holds it with no issue.
I wanted to see if there was any further feedback around the Perfect Squeeze and if you think this would work if it had an Otter Box waterproof case on it?

I used the RAM X-Grip setup for a few years and had only one time the phone slipped out of the grips. Because one of the rubber caps got loose. Phone was saved by the cord I had tethering it to the bike. I did that because I was never 100% confident in the X-Grip.

Last year I upgraded to a Quad-Lock set up. I modified their mirror mount option but now they offer a mount that connects directly to RAM 1" ball. You buy a Quad-lock case for your specific phone and then the mounting hardware needed.

I had my Samsung Galaxy 7 attached to it for most of my 9800 mile cross country trip this year. No issues or close calls with the attachment. And its easy one-hand on and off.

A little pricey but the stuff seems well made.

I wanted to see if there was any further feedback around the Perfect Squeeze and if you think this would work if it had an Otter Box waterproof case on it?
Still loving my Perfect Squeeze. I'm quite sure that you can use an Otterbox waterproof case with it. It opens very wide. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 in a case now and still have plenty of room when I first put the phone in.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been using a mount from www.slipgripcarmounts.com for a few years now. They sell their phone mounts by individual phone make and model. If you are like me and use an otterbox cover for your phone, they make a mount to support the phone with the cover.

They are a little more pricey but they work very well.

I've had mine up on the clutch mount with a ram attachment but I have now moved it to the center nut of the triple tree via Techmount.com stem mount.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/02DmPBxFPsPecmfN1uAAJuAUA

Last edited by a moderator: