10 Gallon Frankentank on Gen3--will it fit? Yes!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for clarification is that a Gen 2 Frankentank on a Gen 3? Or a new Gen 3 version of the Frankentank?

I have on one on my gen-2 and hoping it will fit on a gen-3.

Dan, I'm with you. It looks great but the weight needs to be lower. When canyon carving, I can tell the difference between a full tank and an empty tank. If I am slabbing it at 45+ mpg, I need to stop long before 450 miles. (especially since I still have a stock seat, I would have an incurable case of "FJR butt" if I stayed on that long).

Just for clarification is that a Gen 2 Frankentank on a Gen 3? Or a new Gen 3 version of the Frankentank?
It is my understanding that this particular tank was made with a Gen2 in mind.

That's why we got so curious and tried it on a Gen3.

Shane

It is my understanding that this particular tank was made with a Gen2 in mind.

That's why we got so curious and tried it on a Gen3.

Shane
Very cool. Would be nice to upgrade to the new models.

Looks like very good work but I'd need a 5 gallon franken bladder to ride that far between fill ups.
Don't worry braugh, we got ya covered...

depends_zps16983ff3.jpg
Or the Advanced Mission Extender Device - just what fighter and bomber pilots use!

18s42niawg7x2jpg.jpg

https://gizmodo.com/392643/amxd-puts-fighter-pilots-piddle-packs-out-of-business

Simply wow!!!!

I'm glad it keeps the overall look of the bike. Aux fuel cells are great but it totally kills the looks.

Great work!!

Got mine last week back from the paint shop . Just waiting on a different bar riser now to try it out next weekend

There are two big issues in those photos that I've been trying to get answered. Is your Russel saddle originally from a gen 2? How about the TAT? Were they straight swaps?

I'm riding in the 2017 IBR, and I'm thinking about trading in my gen 2 on a gen 3, but want to figure out of my Ohlins shock, Russel saddle, RaceTech equipped forks and TAT will transfer directly to a gen 3. Those pics got me all hot and bothered! What say you, sir?

Alex