11' 8"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I once saw a garbage truck hit a railroad overpass in the same manner. The truck was doing about 40 MPH and essentially exploded on impact. The driver was uninjured, but the truck was upside down and in multiple pieces.

I saw the result of a car carrier going under a trestle with insufficient clearance. He ended up wedged and had to let pressure out of the tires in order to get it out. The first car on top was destroyed by the impact. It was pushed back into the car behind it and totaled that one. The engine from the first car came out and landed on the first vehicle on the bottom level. It was quite a sight to see.

We have watched a huge crane on the back of a truck trailer not make it under a bridge, the crane boom go BOOM.

In Boston we have some low bridges, one of the infamous bridges is near a college so every year we get a fresh bunch of outsiders that learn about the low bridge.

oops2.jpg

storrowed.jpg

18djamqt98846jpg.jpg

berry-tease.jpg

storrow-drive.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This was eye-opening. I've rented trucks like these on several occasions and never had any awareness of the height of them. I could easily have been starring in one of those videos.

Latest posts