13 Dash issues anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the service was performed and there apparently were no error codes in the computer. It is noted as I have concerns about recurrence. The issue with the cruise seems to be more computer related than switch gear. Tires are shot at 8k. Time for new rubber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just returned from a trip of some 3k + miles and had incidents of my dash not changing pages, the cruise control being "ON" but refusing to reengage after being suspended. In short several recurring electronic issues have surfaced in my 013 dash. Anyone else have any of similar issues????

Well the service was performed and there apparently were no error codes in the computer. It is noted as I have concerns about recurrence. The issue with the cruise seems to be more computer related than switch gear. Tires are shot at 8k. Time for new rubber.
At least your tires being worn has a known cause :)

The cruise seeming like a computer problem would most likely be the computer not seeing the SET/RESUME signal or, more likely your rear brake pedal was sticking. (If you don't pull the pedal and lube it as preventative maintenance) the next time you have a cruise control issue hook your toe under the pedal and lift it then try setting your speed again.

About the only way the dash would be unable to page would be the ECU not seeing the switches. I don't have a '13 FSM so I can only guess that a connector that's loose or something got wet. Fresh water (rain) usually doesn't cause problems until corrosion sets in. Wash water on the other hand can cause electrical problems.

Only 1500 miles on mine without that issue. Once the check engine light kept coming on for a second then going out. This happened a few miles from home at the end of the day. The next day I could not get it to happen. Several rides since and it has not happened. The only thing I can think that was different, was the ambient temperature. It was 96+ degrees according to the bike. The engine temperature was well within normal.

I am having issues with my cruise control. Sometimes it will engage and other times no. I lubed the brake and nothing. I tried lifting the pedal with my foot and nothing and then after a while it decided to engage. I have 5400 miles on my 2013, out of warranty.

I am having issues with my cruise control. Sometimes it will engage and other times no. I lubed the brake and nothing. I tried lifting the pedal with my foot and nothing and then after a while it decided to engage. I have 5400 miles on my 2013, out of warranty.
Check to make sure the clutch lever is going all the way out as well. I think there is a switch in there that could prevent the CC from engaging.

i have just turned 13k ridden in some rain currently no issues. i got just a bit over 10k on the original tires.