$184,000 Honda...Who's In?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had so much money that it would be too expensive to find out how much money I had, then I'd buy a couple.... along with riding lessons from Marc Marquez.

Embarrassing for Honda.

Quote: "the RC213V-S replicates the maneuverability experience of MotoGP, but not the power. When I asked specifically what parts are actually interchangeable with the real deal I was told 80 percent are the same. For the US model, engine rpm is severely reduced. Europe models rev to 12,000, with the power kit extending that to 14,000. The US model revs only to a disappointing 9,400 rpm (there is no room on this very dense machine to place the exhaust volumes required for US noise levels, so rpm was just cut back until it could pass)."

Half-baked effort with a price tag for a 1% to just show it off to say they have it.

Compare that to the limited edition super Duc's, the YZF-R1M, Kawi's H2R--bikes actually engineered to the scalpel's edge, ready for the street or track and backing up their big prices. I'm sure Honda's own CRB 1000 will destroy this bike on the track. What a joke.

All of the above doesn't really matter to me. My back would give out after 30 minutes on that baby, so she's never coming to live at my house.

What a waste. The FJR has a higher rev-limit and makes more power than the sorry version they are going to send to the US. They make a CBRR1000 that makes like 160+ horses and sells for less than $15k, but they can't figure out how to make this POS rev past 9400RPM and make over 101BHP? AND they want a buyer to pay nearly $200,000 for that? Those Honda idiots are smoking crack. Yet another Honda failure comming off the line. Maybe those guys should stick to scooters and Civics.

Better ideas and better bikes may be coming from Honda pretty soon, they no longer have any feet left to shoot so their aim will need to be higher. Either it will be a coup-de-grace or a bullseye.

(I have had a lot of Yamahas and Hondas in my garage, often a pair at a time but I haven't had the urge for another Honda since they went weird around the time I got my FJR.)

Last edited by a moderator:
"The US model revs only to a disappointing 9,400 rpm (there is no room on this very dense machine to place the exhaust volumes required for US noise levels, so rpm was just cut back until it could pass)."

So, I'll say it for you, HotRodZilla:

Those Honda idiots are smoking crack. They couldn't find a few more cubic inches to mount mufflers or baffles, in order to make this POS rev past 9400 rpm and perform like their marketing people are pretending it will? And they want me to pay over $184 THOUSAND dollars for their failure? Maybe those guys should stick to scooters, Civics, and Gold Wings.

I could buy almost 12 FJRs for that money! That is, I could ride a new a new FJR each month for a full year and blow the doors off every Marc Marquez wannabe that appeared in my windscreen.

Yeah, but why spend $184,000 + fees on a bike like that when every other manufacturer out there has a production model that does not require modifications? How many BMW SS1000RRs can a person buy with $200k?

Very simple. So you can one up your buddy who has been lording his Ducati Desmosedici D16RR in your face ever since he got it.
biggrin.png

If we can get 184 people to get together and put in $1k each, I'll volunteer to keep it in my garage and cover the storage and maintenance costs. That's just the kind of guy I am.....

But more to the point, I'd rather have an R1M all to myself
punk.gif

I'm willing to bet with a laptop connected to the ECU and a few keystrokes you could unleash the beast. Provided you know the magic words of course 😉

We don't know the magic words. They're "magic." Are you a magician? I didn't think so, and magicians can't just go around telling everyone their super secret magic words. Someone would fuck it up and blown up the universe, and then there'd be no more FJR riding because we'd all be blowed up. All over a few MPH on an FJR cruise control.

That's very selfish of you Walt!

Not MY problem!!! I've got an AVCC on an '03, works great, thankyouverymuch!

(So does bragging about that make me even MORE selfish? Now I'm confused!!!)

I visited the local dealer on Saturday. Do you want to see a CF! Check out the new Valkyrie. FUUUUUUUUUUGLY!!!

Dave

Latest posts