1st time on a HD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that it's inconsiderate and arrogant to stop traffic to keep your group ride together. Face it, it just doesn't pass the common sense test of acceptable road behavior... try as you might to make excuses for it.

yes it is by far better to have a shit load of bike's spread all over trying to catch up or getting lost.
Of the three options given, stop traffic (maybe even only one car), play catch up or get lost, I would say that playing catch up, as long as it's done safely is the most logical one. This is if travelling in a group is the main point of the ride.

I think there is a major disconnect here between us. Largely because I don't understand the draw of riding in large groups that need to be close to each other. In my opinion that sort of riding situation takes a lot away from the reason that I bought a SuperSport Tourer. To go lots of miles, really fast.

I guess if disagreeing with you makes me a "Nazi" then maybe it fits.

OK. We'll agree to disagree.
Good call. I started this out in the wrong place with the wrong tone I think. I still strongly disagree with the practice but this is going nowhere other than name calling apparently.

Wow, if I knew starting an HD thread was this much fun I'd have done it much sooner.
Glad to hear that. I was about to apologize for highjacking your thread.

Back on topic, I hate HDs and anyone that disagrees with me can only be ignorant and shouldn't be allowed the freedom to make their own decisions. :tomato2:

Back on topic, I hate HDs and anyone that disagrees with me can only be ignorant and shouldn't be allowed the freedom to make their own decisions. :tomato2:
Thank God! I've got to go to work today and do some crazy stuff involving decision making. Can you help me out? :lol:

I agree that it's inconsiderate and arrogant to stop traffic to keep your group ride together. Face it, it just doesn't pass the common sense test of acceptable road behavior... try as you might to make excuses for it.

yes it is by far better to have a shit load of bike's spread all over trying to catch up or getting lost.
Of the three options given, stop traffic (maybe even only one car), play catch up or get lost, I would say that playing catch up, as long as it's done safely is the most logical one. This is if travelling in a group is the main point of the ride.

I think there is a major disconnect here between us. Largely because I don't understand the draw of riding in large groups that need to be close to each other. In my opinion that sort of riding situation takes a lot away from the reason that I bought a SuperSport Tourer. To go lots of miles, really fast.

I guess if disagreeing with you makes me a "Nazi" then maybe it fits.

OK. We'll agree to disagree.
Good call. I started this out in the wrong place with the wrong tone I think. I still strongly disagree with the practice but this is going nowhere other than name calling apparently.

Wow, if I knew starting an HD thread was this much fun I'd have done it much sooner.
Glad to hear that. I was about to apologize for highjacking your thread.

That is what is so funny about your attitude. You probably think nothing about bending speed laws but will go ape over some one stopping traffic to keep a group safely together. Since the association I ride with does a lot of charity rides etc we use this a lot. When we are riding only with members we can keep up and have to problem when we are doing a ride there are all levels of expertise and it is by far better to keep the group together so riders do not have to take chances to catch up. Just because you like to ride alone does not make it the only way to ride. I much prefer to run hard and do but when there is a club function I ride with the group. What is bad is here we are putting down one group of bikers who chose to be different then your group of bikers. I would think you would be more worried about the cages. I run with all sorts of bikes from cruisers to euro bikes.

If you don't think most HD riders look down their noses at non-HD bikes, come visit S.E. Pennsylvania sometime. Not all, but MOST can't grasp the fact that you just might want something more or different from a bike than what HD offers. I've given up waving to HD bikers unless they make the first move. Those that do are in a VERY small minority.

Thank God! I've got to go to work today and do some crazy stuff involving decision making. Can you help me out? :lol:

No, no ,no this is Darwinism at work. How are we supposed to thin out you HD guys if we help you with the decisions? We must let nature run it's course. :dribble: