2003 FJR Exhaust

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammer

Reaction score
Last night on my way home (I work 2nd shift) I had some excitement. There was a loud bang then the engine/exhaust got very loud & started running like shit. I pulled over to C what the problem was, I thought i blew the motor but as you can C the damage is to the header & Left muffler. The muffler is useable but the header is not. Does any body have an OEM header for a 2003 & what would be the cost with S/H to Wichita Ks. 67144jdr exhaust

Last night on my way home (I work 2nd shift) I had some excitement. There was a loud bang then the engine/exhaust got very loud & started running like shit. I pulled over to C what the problem was, I thought i blew the motor but as you can C the damage is to the header & Left muffler. The muffler is useable but the header is not. Does any body have an OEM header for a 2003 & what would be the cost with S/H to Wichita Ks. 67144jdr exhaust
For what it's worth, the Gen I and Gen II headers are interchangeable. You'll have to change out the Oxygen sensor to the correct one is the only difference.

AEs will be Gen II, 2006 and later, and as stated above, you'll have to swap out the oxygen sensor for the one that fits those headers.

Looks like you kinda bumped something hard in the road, there. . . . If you can show that as a road accident, and the deductible's not to serious, you might talk to your insurance folks.

I'm not sure what I hit. I had just got off work (2nd Shift) & was heading home. The road Is not well lit & was a pitch black night with new black asphalt. My wife asked if I was on the road or in the ditch when it happened, you gota love a wife with a good since of humor when your have a bad night <_< . After I looked at the damage I went back to look but I could not find anything. What ever it was it missed the front & back tire & all the plastic & I stayed up right so I count my self lucky :yahoo: . This is the reason I always wear my safety gear :aarambo: , joe rocket jacket full helmet & good boots ya never know what's around the next bend.

Glad to read that you're OK!! "Holy Thunk" that musta been!!

Headers come and Headers go - Right?!?!

On the safety gear - I've only foregone wearing my leather twice this year when it hit 33C (about 90F) in the afternoon. Feels "good and cool", bu tit just doesn't feel "RIGHT"... Glad that you had yours on for the night shift ride home!

Good Luck getting a replacement part here on the board...

I could help you out with a RH OEM Muffler that did NOT get smashed in by a crazy F'n Cop, but I realize that's not what you need... Nor do you need that crazy F'n Cop...

Scott

I also hit "something" on the way home one dark night after work and it bent both my rims. Spooked me pretty good. Glad your OK.

I have told my kids to always wear there safety gear so if I did not wear mine I'm sure they would not wear there's. kneedragger45 just put the holeshot exhaust on his bike so he was nice enough to sell me his. The Left muffler is not that bad & the dent is on the bottom so I'm going to run it for now. I will try to pay a little more attention from now on but dam it was dark that night & usually its deer that I need to look out for at that time of night. My bike is lowered 1" because i'm height impaired so that doesn't help. Maybe I need to invest into some driving lights.