• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2004 ABS SW Michigan

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mk2wilson

Reaction score
I hate to do it, but I've decided to put my 04 up for sell. I know it's not the ideal time of year to sell, but I just received orders and am going to be deployed for a year. Really don't want to see it sit for that long and not sure yet were the family will be living while I'm gone, so it's time to let it go. A little about the bike:

Mileage: 18,6xx this will go up some as I still ride it

Mods:

Heli bar risers

Two Brothers Black Series exhaust

PC3

Givi top case with mount

I had the bike painted black. The paint looks good, but is not 100% perfect. It has a couple of normal use scratches. There are no know issues with the bike. I bought it a little over two years ago with 6,xxx mile on it and it has been great. I have done all the recommended maintenance according to the service manual and this site. Has brand new Conti Motion tires (maybe 150 miles on them). Looking to get $5,000

Thanks man! I've really enjoyed it. I never was a huge fan of the silver they used on the 04 and you can't go wrong with black.!

Nice looking bike! Good luck selling it and good luck where ever they're sending you. Thanks.

Thanks! I got orders to Manama, Bahrain. It's only for a year. The plan for now is for the wife and kids to move to South Carolina close to her family.

A Gen1 with only 18xxx miles.Wow. Wish I was in the market. I love my 2004.GLWS...and everything else as well.
I know it's a sin!!! In my defense, I only had it for two years and did put 12,000 miles on it. Not bad for someone who mainly commutes. Especially when work is only 8 miles away.

SOLD

Took a little while, but I got what I wanted for it. I was happy with the deal and the new owner seemed to be as happy as could be. I'm not usually one to get attached to vehicles, but I got to say it was a little said signing over the title. The new owner isn't picking the bike up until this weekend, so at least I have a few days to look at it.

Congrats..................................and stay safe. Maybe you'll upgrade to a 14 or 15 next year.
bye.gif

Thank you for your service!
Thank you for your service!
+1
Thank you both. I really can't complain, my duty over there is going to be nothing compared to the boys in Iraq and Afghanistan. My only complaint is I'm gonna miss a year of my little girls life. They are only 3 and 5 and I'm already learning that they grow way to fast! And they are both daddy's girls so I know it's going to be ruff on them.

Congrats..................................and stay safe. Maybe you'll upgrade to a 14 or 15 next year. :bye:
It's like your reading my mind! Only I'm thinking a slightly used '13 or '14! I don't want to pay new prices, but you never know if they come out with something really impressive for '15.