2005 back carrier replacement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

terryfarnham

Reaction score
The grab rail back- carrier made of plastic broke in half. Are the other model years like gen 2 are they the same back carrier? I can no longer mount my trunk on the back nothing left to grab onto. Hoping to find a used replacement.
rolleyes.gif

I believe I have one.

Going to check now.

I have 2 units from my '05 (05 grab rail/rack)

1) Put about 260k miles on it with a crack near the seat mounting bolt (Never had any issues with the crack)

2) New one that was bought to replace the cracked one (But never mounted)

I also have the black mounting plate for OEM trunk.

Last edited by a moderator:
How much weight are you loading back there ? If rack broke its a bit much or old age. Better have a good look at sub-frame also these can crack. Remove seats and inspect it.

Mine cracked a long time ago. Yamaha replaced.

How much weight are you loading back there ? If rack broke its a bit much or old age. Better have a good look at sub-frame also these can crack. Remove seats and inspect it.
Mine cracked a long time ago. Yamaha replaced.
My friends wife backed into the rear of the bike and broke it years ago. even the key broke inside the SHAD trunk

I believe I have one.Going to check now.

I have 2 units from my '05 (05 grab rail/rack)

1) Put about 260k miles on it with a crack near the seat mounting bolt (Never had any issues with the crack)

2) New one that was bought to replace the cracked one (But never mounted)

I also have the black mounting plate for OEM trunk.
how much do you want for it I could pay shipping into Canada as a used part? I cannot mount my shad trunk at all!