• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2005 FJR1300 ABS well farkled -Withdrawn from Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Son changed his mind and will keep it.

Here's your chance to buy a copy of the 2019 Iron Butt Rally winning 2005 FJR1300 model. My son has decided that he just doesn't ride my old FJR all that much (especially now that he has my old Vstrom and lives on a dirt road in Vermont) and wants me to sell the FJR to someone who will use it. He only put a few thousand miles on it since he took ownership in 2014. Meanwhile Ive put almost 40k on my new one.
wink.png

Bike has a little less than 100k miles on it, and the 100k mile Major Service has recently been done (by me) including valve check, coolant replaced, spark plugs, air filter, oil and filter change, final drive lube change, suspension pivots re-greased, etc. ABS has been fully tested and is fully functional.

Bike has been meticulously maintained (by me) with extensive and complete service records since purchase at 10k miles in 2006. Valves were all re-shimmed at 75k miles and will most likely never need to be touched again. Has brand new PR2 on the back with a half worn T30 on front. I will replace the front tire for the cost of the tire ($100) if you want to do a fly and ride longer than ~2000 miles. New AC Delco battery installed last month.

Manchester NH airport is 5 mins from my house for an easy fly and ride. Ill even take you around to see some of northern New England's best while you are here.

Farkle list:
Full leather Russel Daylong dual custom seat, plus second stock, leather recovered to match passenger seat for when riding 1-up. Best most comfortable seat Ive ever ridden on. Better than the one I had made for my 2014.
Givi color matched V46 trunk and Givi SR rack.
Cee Bailey (no longer available) touring windshield
Penske dual adjustable rear shock with custom clevis bolt fix
GP Suspension upgraded forks w/ 1.1 kg./mm Sonic fork springs
PCIII w/ custom map loaded.
FZ-1 mirrors
PIAA slimline horns
HeliBars risers
Vstrom hand guards
Heated grips with dash mounted Heattroller
Dash mounted Datel Voltmeter with switch to enable meter when bike is off.
Dash mounted Powerlet outlet and adapter powerlet to battery tender (battery tender included)

Whelen very-bright LED third brake light w/ flasher

Ram Bone GPS Mounting point
BigFoot kickstand enlarger
Vista Cruise throttle lock
FendaExtenda
No-cut frame sliders
NOJ neoprene fork gaiters
90 degree valve stems
Tank has a Bags Connection tank ring installed, or I can remove it for you.
Probably forgetting some other things.

Condition:
Mechanically: A plus - Bike is cross country tour ready. Will need nothing but oil changes and tires for next 25k miles.

Aesthetics: B minus? - Like most FJRs, this one has taken some 0 mph naps. Sliders do have scrape marks on the ends as does the alternator cover. Bottoms of both saddlebags were scuffed up, so have been sprayed with matte black plastidip. Couple of other minor scratches as you would expect on a 15 year old 100k mile bike, but it still looks a lot better than many other high milers Ive seen around. Still gets comments from passers by for its pretty, Bass Bote Blue color.

Bike is currently titled, registered and inspected in Vermont, but sitting in my southern NH garage.

My old avatar (Mt Chocorua in the background. I take a photo of all of my bikes on that spot)

100_1405.jpg

Current photos:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

019.jpg

009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You wanker! Bass Bote Blue is faster than those 04 slugs. According to the local police anyway.
default_rolleyes.gif

Good to see you still hang out here once in a while though...

Nicely farkled 2005 Fred! That's a lot of extras for someone in the market. You'll always have the memories. Best of luck with the sale.

Thanks guys. I’m seriously conflicted. Bike has been, and continues to be, so good. I hate to part ways with it. I avoided it for 4 years by having my son take custody, but this time it’s real. I would put it in the garage up in Vermont if I thought Id use it once in a while, but I already have my Africa Twin up there, and that’s a better Vermont bike with all of the many unpaved roads up there. Guess I just want it to go to a good home. Someone that will care for it like I have. Stupid sentimentalism.

Yeah, it's time for it to go. It's hard to get rid of a bike that was so good for so long. I hope the new owner takes good care of it.

You know it has, Don. Im a little obsessive about maintaining my bikes, as many of us tend to be.

Forgot to mention that I have the stock shock to go with it so you have something to ride on if you want to get the Penske rebuilt. I rebuilt it not too long ago, and it still feels fine to me, but the time will come eventually, because this bike has at least 200k miles written all over it.

I should also have mentioned that the price is flexible.

Tony's going to need a new bike pretty soon. He's done worn the shit out of his 08.

Dave

You should give me a *really* great deal on it. I'll ride that bitch like she has never been ridden! Punt it down the road a few times. Let it take a couple naps. She'll never be the same again!

And then you can forget all about that sentimentalism........

Updated first post with current photos.

Put a deposit on another motorcycle (used WeeStrom) so I am motivated to sell this one to make some garage space and get it off my insurance!

More stuff that occurred to me:

Has a very bright, LED 3rd brake light and flasher module installed. This is a great safety feature. It is a high intensity LED lamp module designed for use on emergency vehicles. The flasher module is programmed to strobe the light 5 times, fast, when you hit the brakes, then go solid on. If you release the brake, even for a second, and reapply it repeats.

When the valves were reshimmed at 75k miles, I sanded the shims to the best clearances rather than just settling for .05mm increments the Standard shim increments provide. This puts them on the open end of the spec. Since clearances always decrease over time this puts them in the best position possible to never need another adjustment.

Cam Chain Tensioner was replaced prophylactically with an updated blue-dot version. Never had any cam chain noise, even before the replacement.

Oil changes done religiously at 5k intervals with full synthetic oil. Initially used Rotella T 5w40 but later on switched to Mobil1 15w50. I got smoother shifting with the Mobil1. Never have had any real shifting problems or clutch issues.

Would really like to see this go to a good home, which is why I wont let ScooterG put any of his boogers on this bike. He got to my 2014 before I even bought it! Drats...