2005 that I would like some input on.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richardjames

Reaction score
I have a very low mile 2005 that has had the tps sensor replaced and a very recent throttle body sync. IT runs very smooth 0 to 4000 rpms at that point with the throttle when you open the throttle all the way it falls on its face. There are no fault codes in the diag. screen and tps goes from 16 to 100 % . I went thru all the plugs for the ecm and all connections I can find and I also put sea foam in it. Any ideas you have this would be very helpful

Very low mile as in 'gunked up and sat too long' ? Is the service related to condition ?

Check the airbox and filter for varmints, 2 tanks of sea foam treated fuel if it's safe to ride.

Could be a varmit issue. Check air box 1st. Inspect vacuum line to MAP sensor. MAP sits on top of fuel rail.

Must lift fuel tank to inspect. Remove as much fuel as possible 1st, it will flow from vent lines if you don't.

Vacuum leak to MAP will cause big problems. Won''t set any codes, only electrictal fault will set this.

Manifold absolute pressure sensor

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an update I ran two tanks of fuel thru it with 8 oz of sea foam in each tank. It was either gummed up or the fuel was that bad thanks ! Richard