2005 vs 2016 aftermarket parts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

faster675

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Insurance is probably going to total my 05 fjr. ... are brake discs and pads same from 05 to 16 .......

how about exhaust? can i take walker holeshot full system from my 05 and use it on 16?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very eager to see how this thread turns out. I've been wondering, myself, about the fitment of aftermarket parts from previous years on the GenIII bikes.

Very eager to see how this thread turns out. I've been wondering, myself, about the fitment of aftermarket parts from previous years on the GenIII bikes.
If only there were a resource that shared this kind of information and shared with users when they signed up for the forum.

Oh yeah, there is. It's called the FJR Model Comparison Matrix and helps answer many of these questions including the one about exhaust and brake calipers.

are brake discs and pads same from 05 to 16 .......how about exhaust? can i take walker holeshot full system from my 05 and use it on 16?

These and other questions are reasonably covered in the Matrix. Only logic leap you have to make is that caliper-interchangeability applies to pads.

So what happened to the FJR? You OK?

Cruising at 65 in carpool lane on the 405 in Carson, ca. ... Truck in number two lane doing 40 - rearends white car, totals it. .. White car hits suv, which is pitched into and completely blocks carpool lane. .. Happened in about a second or two .. Nowhere to go. ... I saw it all just before it happened, got hard on the brakes, scrubbed off a lot of speed in a very shport distance - hit suv and center divider at same time, at 10 mph (going for the gap as it closed up) ..... Stayed on the bike the whole time. ... Badly sprained wrist and bruised ribs. ..... ATGATT, fingers floating on brake lever at all times, always looking for danger, and ductile cast iron discs. .... If i had been a half second later, I would have flown over the hood of the SUV

If only there were a resource that shared this kind of information and shared with users when they signed up for the forum.

Oh yeah, there is. It's called the FJR Model Comparison Matrix and helps answer many of these questions including the one about exhaust and brake calipers.

... The link you refer to is "fjrcomparo.pdf" .... Pretty sure i asked about this a few years ago ... When i try to open it on,my tablet, it asks for a password. .... And i did download it and tried to check it before i posted my request for information.

... The link you refer to is "fjrcomparo.pdf" .... Pretty sure i asked about this a few years ago ... When i try to open it on,my tablet, it asks for a password. .... And i did download it and tried to check it before i posted my request for information.

Your tablet also doesn't seem to reply very well. Try another device. You're literally the only one who has described this issue. It's not passworded to open and view.

read fjrcomparo.pdf .... lots of good info ... but nothing on exhaust

Can anybody confirm Sacto's guess ? Are (aftermarket) exhaust systems (headers and pipes) interchangeable from 2004 to 2016 ?

read fjrcomparo.pdf .... lots of good info ... but nothing on exhaust
That's incorrect. I did include exactly a line in there about exhaust. Try Ctrl+F in the document and search. It's there. :)