• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2006 AE Project for Sale - Motivated

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WngdPig

Reaction score
I'm just over it.  Could be good for many more miles (currently at about 84k), but life is not cooperating right now.  Has new tires and bar risers on it, and I have a Corbin seat, but it has some issues.

Shifting diag - was slipping out of 2nd on hard acceleration for a while.  Any other bike I'd say it was a bent fork, but no idea how the genie in the box would allow this to happen on the AE.

Shift indication - so after a period of non-use, after my car threw the timing belt and bent all 20 valves, i decided to fire it up and use it.  Went hone and spooned on the aforementioned new tires, took it for a "scrub em in" ride and made it half a mile.  Dropped it into neutral, but it was still indicating in first gear.  pushed it home and confirmed it will shift through all gears, but won't pick between N and 1.  I opened the clutch side to see if the right side of the shift shaft could be at fault, but all looked OK.  I did the shift position sensor re-learn, but it told me it couldn't save the settings.  I moved the shit position sensor around to get to read neutral when it was in neutral, but it still wants to waffle back and forth between N and 1.  It's been sitting ever since.

It needs steering bearings, and i put fork seals in it a whole back but reused the sealing washers on the bottom of the tubes, so the left side leaks.  Luckily the oil is captured by the axle when installed, so it isn't pouring out all over, but it will when the axle is removed.

I used to get a weird thing where the lights would just shut off once in a while, but that hasn't happened frequently or regularly.

I did hit a car with it once, so the left mirror is "off" a bit where I presume I bent the cowl stay.

I wish I knew I was going to have a use for it as it might motivate me to get it sorted out, but I just don't see that future between us.  Please feel free to ask questions or preferably make me an offer. 

Oh, I forgot to mention that RaceTech did the suspension a few years back, and I have a passenger backrest that bolts on to the stock rear "rack".  It has a short Call Sci screen on it because the helmets I use like clean air.