• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2006 FJR Alaska Fly-n-Ride!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDJeff

Reaction score
Here's a vacation opportunity! Fly to Anchorage, buy my bike, see Alaska, and ride out to the States.

The bike is a very nice original 2006 FJR 1300. All original, well maintained, 19,800 miles on the odometer, has fresh battery, fresh oil, Michelin PR4s that are at 75%. Included with the bike are a Throttle Meister, Laminar Lip, Corbin seat + stocker, Yamaha trunk + Givi trunk.

Asking $6500 for this package. I can help with your travel arrangements, and provide local advice.

Photo assist

00g0g_ceP6lfSCwLm_600x450.jpg
00707_jN2FY9Awyq0_600x450.jpg
00e0e_3FeYD5L9C9m_600x450.jpg
00e0e_4vI4x31FqmO_600x450.jpg

You posted pics of the bike when you should have been posting pics of Alaska....and the bike in front of that incredible scenery. C'mon, you aren't just selling a bike here!
biggrin.png

Made the ride between AK and the states a dozen or so times. The FJR will do just fine. For goodness sake, a few years ago there was a event called Hoka Hey that had several hundred Harleys make the round trip ride to AK.

Maybe Jeff will throw in an evening at The Alaska Bush Company. :)

I gotta say, I'd have been ALL over this deal when I was shopping. I literally missed a deal for a fly n buy in Seattle by about thirty minutes. I was looking for a 2005 or 2006 A model at a reasonable price with low mileage with an interesting ride home. This would have been that bike.

Sadly, I ended up with a 2007 AE from a local car dealer. I rode my bike all of five miles back to work on my lunch break. This would have been WAY better than that. I envy whoever gets to do this one.

Shoot, if I had the cash I'd snag it up, ride up to the top of the world, then ride it home and sell it, just because.

It's pavement all the way these days, so nowhere near the "Adventure" that it used to be!
Well… the buyer could always go north to Deadhorse first if they wanted a non-pavement experience. I will be making the ride up

in June. I could ride back with the buyer, but there would be a stop in Red Lodge on the way.

What a fly and ride opportunity! GLWS

…For that matter, I might be riding this one back if my '05 doesn't make the Haul Rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Made the ride between AK and the states a dozen or so times. The FJR will do just fine. For goodness sake, a few years ago there was a event called Hoka Hey that had several hundred Harleys make the round trip ride to AK.
Maybe Jeff will throw in an evening at The Alaska Bush Company.
smile.png
Wow, The Alaska Bush Company. Last time I visited that place was in the mid 80's. Good to know it still has legs!!!

The Haul Road is half paved now too, so that isn't the adventure it once was either! The unpaved bits can be quite an adventure in the right/wrong conditions.

I haven't been to the Bush Co. since the 80s either, and it is only about a mile from the house...