2006 R1.... Yowser!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the coments, I'll keep that baby away from my stable. :beee:

Slipper Clutch = $1000.00Front end = $2000.00

Back end = $1000.00

PC + tune = $500.00

How much do the wheels run?

Just trying to figure out how much it would cost to have a Shift Red LE. :D
At the very minimum, $1500, but I suspect closer to $2000. Dunno why you're adding the cost of the PC and Tune, because I doubt there will be many changes to the SMOGrification of the LE and stock bikes.

We'll have final info in just two and a half weeks.

Oh, you left off one thing...... The "individual numbering"..... priceless. :rolleyes: :D

Buy an LE, cloak it in '04 blue kiddie barf, and keep your LE stealthy and pseudo virginal. Hell, I might spend a buck on race plastic and FUR the damned thing in pink leopard......... No squid's gonna steal (or ask to ride) anything like that.

Hell, I might spend a buck on race plastic and FUR the damned thing in pink leopard......... 
You might...

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things have me confused.

1) The LE is 2 pounds heavier than the regular R1

2) The Canadian Yamaha site says 1000 units (the LE) will be produced, but, the US site says 500. Hard to believe there is a bigger market for our neighbors to the north.

And Mongo says 1k world wide, 500 US.

And we all know that what Mongo says...

I'm just catching up with this thread and noticed a post with a beautiful picture of what was my second motorcycle...the XS1100 midnight special. what a babe!

Interestingly, I was surfing on eBay last year and saw a crated unridden xs11 ms for sale. The reserve was apparently not met so I think they said they were gogin to donate it to a museum or something. In retrospect I should have snapped it up.

I wasn't on a couple of days and thought I'd get the early poop on the LE R1 but alas I've been outpooped... I spoke w/ my local dealer, FJR owner and helped me sell the VStar I bought earlier this year. We spoke about the LE R1. He said list bet. $18-18.5K and the DEALER has to put up $2500 to get the opportunity to put an order in for the bike. He was doing it today (hopefully not too late) Smaller dealer in NW New Jersey, said it would be unlikely that Yamaha would allow him 2 LE models. Apparently the bulk will be destined for the megadealers.I thought this would be info nobody else had... :D

https://www.yamaha-motor.ca/products/produc...group=M&LANG=en

buy in canada., b/c at that price i think there will be a few available up here (and no duty on motorcycles!! It appears to me that neighbours to the south have much more $ to spend on toys...exp since we can only ride a few months. I live in a province of 1 million and i'm sure my garage is perhaps 1 of 5 (max) with 2 ducati's in it (don't worry it has an fjr as well). Point being, it would be fairly easy to gt on a phone and find one here.

Anyone else see the December issue of Cycle World? They have a write-up on the R1LE and another tuner prepared R1 that costs $38K!!

Curve, I tried e-mailing you but was not successful. It said I had tried to e-mail with in 15 minutes. I hadn't so don't know whats up. I'll try again tomorrow with the details.

Glenn

Anyone else see the December issue of Cycle World?  They have a write-up on the R1LE and another tuner prepared R1 that costs $38K!!
Yep, that was the Burnt Orange "Ragin' Cajun' R1, performed on the latestest-generation R1.

It's a follow-on to this '02'03 model R1 Special that he created a couple years ago:

146-0210-jjpr1-2-zoom.JPG

My wife was looking over my shoulder when that pic came up. She just put her hand on my shoulder and said, "Don't even thinkk about it!"- She reads my mind well.

Oh well. She didn't even bat an eye about the trip to Rose Bowl I sprung on her tonight(to see the Longhorns beat up on USC of course!!!) :fans: Burnt Orange is a great color!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: