2007 FJR1300AE: First Month's Costs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johndaub

Reaction score
This is the tally for my first month of ownership of my 2007 FJR AE:

$12,995.00 2007 FJR AE

$432.00 DE Registration tax

$95.00 DE 4 year tags

$389.00 YES warranty

$429.00 1 year insurance with Foremost

$475.96 Yamaha trunk

$98.59 Yamaha trunk attachment kit

$38.00 Trunk installation

$124.94 Yamaha FJR cover

$93.95 Skyway delrin sliders

$16.80 Slider installation

$20.55 The Tankslapper

$1.00 3M squeegee to install tankslapper

$18.99 Real Time Industries reflective rear bag decals

$51.95 Alaska Leather medium buttpad deluxe in charcoal (charcoal goes great with the bike)

$54.99 Torque wrench

$360.99 Arai Astral X van den Bosch replica helmet

$31.46 Fog City Hyper Optiks fog shield

$39.95 Helmet race case

$176.00 New black leather jacket

$13.98 Maisto 1:12 FJR diecast in silver

$69.90 FJR logo jacket (could not figure out how to post images, looks great but probably counterfeit)

$16,028.00 GRAND TOTAL

When my wife saw me shopping for a several hundred $$ seat, she put her foot down so I decided to compromise with the buttpad. The buttpad makes a huge difference on my 30 min commute. I will have to see how it works when I ride to the 2008 EOM before I go back to shopping for another seat. Otherwise, there are no more farkles on the horizon.

Thanks go to this site for helping me select the trunk, sliders, tankslapper, reflective decals and buttpad.

You definitely have the disease, nice first month... You might consider sumptin for the little woman thou, ya know keep peace in the family.

--G

You definitely have the disease, nice first month... You might consider sumptin for the little woman thou, ya know keep peace in the family.
--G
I just bought her a new Pontiac Torrent with all the bells and whistles ($22K after a bunch of rebates, $27K list). She was supposed to drive her "new" car another 13 years since we try to get 20 years out of our new cars. This has smoothed over the FJR disease a bit.

I was able to spread out my expenditures over a longer length of time, and I already had a jacket, helmet, and torque wrench. You're probably pretty local to me, send me a PM & we'll plan a ride down route 9 some weekend. Oh, BTW, the bike doesn't feel broken in until after 7-8 thou at least. I'm at 34k on my '05 & still love it.

Good luck !

I am amazed that the government has required warning labels on the FeeJeeR due to it’s obvious link to almost incurable addiction….

This is the tally for my first month of ownership of my 2007 FJR AE:$12,995.00 2007 FJR AE

$95.00 DE 4 year tags

$389.00 YES warranty

$475.96 Yamaha trunk

$124.94 Yamaha FJR cover

$20.55 The Tankslapper

$51.95 Alaska Leather medium buttpad deluxe in charcoal (charcoal goes great with the bike)

$54.99 Torque wrench

$39.95 Helmet race case

$69.90 FJR logo jacket (could not figure out how to post images, looks great but probably counterfeit)

$16,028.00 GRAND TOTAL

When my wife saw me shopping for a several hundred $$ seat, she put her foot down so I decided to compromise with the buttpad. The buttpad makes a huge difference on my 30 min commute. I will have to see how it works when I ride to the 2008 EOM before I go back to shopping for another seat. Otherwise, there are no more farkles on the horizon.

Thanks go to this site for helping me select the trunk, sliders, tankslapper, reflective decals and buttpad.

$16K? Ffffttttt!! What is this, amateur hour..?? ;) Rule #1: Never, under any circumstances, keep track of what you've spent on your girl (and I'm talking the 2-wheeled variety here). She'll think you're cheap and won't take care of you the way you need her to when you need her to. Pamper her, spend lavishly on her, and tell your wife to look on the bright side; you absolutely wont' have a single red cent left over to spend out carousing with your buddies at titty bars. That's my rationale and I"m sticking to it...! :p

My wife actually told me she had planned on buying a topcase for me for Valentine's Day, but couldn't figure out which one I wanted. Then I told her it'd cost just shy of $500 to get the case I want (V46) with a color-matched panel, brake light kit, and a backrest for her. I got a few minutes of the "expensive toys" lecture.

I'm gonna have to hit the lottery to get that supermoto I want for a second bike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you tell her that all future farkles are really safety related... that seems to work for me. :)

I kept a list of what I spent for about the first 4 or 5 months -

Then I gave up. I got so freakkin' scared that I went into denial. Right now the only thing I'm spending more on is my son's college. :blink:

Heck, I just realized I have over 1300.00 in new tires sitting in the garage waiting for their turn - and they'll be used up by the end of August.

PLEASE don't make any more lists. It's just too effing scary.

And johndaub, you're just getting started. Be prepared. All you're doing right now is catching your breath. A month or two at zero balance on the cards, and watch out.

I didn't notice any pants or gloves in there. Are you safety?

I have about half my expenditure in the bike. Seriously. Now, take TWN's advice, and post up in the morning about what you ordered....

This is the tally for my first month of ownership of my 2007 FJR AE:$12,995.00 2007 FJR AE

$95.00 DE 4 year tags

$389.00 YES warranty

$475.96 Yamaha trunk

$124.94 Yamaha FJR cover

$20.55 The Tankslapper

$54.99 Torque wrench

$39.95 Helmet race case

$16,028.00 GRAND TOTAL

I won't criticize your record keeping, just where your keeping your records! :rolleyes:

Ugh! Can we delete this thread? The figures tossed about could cause some significant problems if viewed by the wrong eyes.

Seriously, do any of us know the monthly expenditures for women's shoes in our households? Do we even want to know? The reverse applies to FJR costs.

With your permission to re-print this list, I would like to present it to my wife to prove that I am "Not the Only One". :rolleyes:

My first two weeks looks much better for my 2007 (standard shift)

$85 tag and registration (for 8 mos)

$21 decal kit

$100 madco throttle lock

$65 G2

I already had the butt pad and riding gear.

Now I can justify that windscreen I have been considering. Thanks for the help. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator: