2008 fairing screw/bolt missing - where to get a replacment?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There are three screws on each side of the fairing - in a line right above the turn signals. I just realized I'm missing one!

I looked at the exploded diagram on BikeBandit but can't see the bolt size. "No matter", I thought to myself, "the GYSM at home will certainly make everything clear". Nope - you can see the screw in the diagram, but its specifications are not listed anywhere.

Anything I google about "fairing bolts fjr" just gets me these full sets of fancy-pants colored bolts for those who want to tart up their bike. I just want the same damned thing. Does anyone know where I should go for this?

Beware, these screws have a Teflon like washer under their head to keep it from scratching or digging into the paint. Make sure you use one. I suggest going to your favourite Yamaha dealer and get an assortment of screws, washers, and rivets for the bodywork. Having a few spares on hand is always a good thing when one disappears.

Brodie

🙂

Something like this collection on ebay is your best bet: https://ebay.to/2LnNZnF

Or simply search for "FJR1300 nuts bolts" which is how I found that.

I can see there's at least one of what you want in that picture. I bought a similar collection in 2008 and have used it on my 2006 from time to time.

-=MD

Buying a bag of old bolts actually sounds like a most-excellent idea. It was going to cost me almost $30 just to get 4 bolts shipped. (Thought maybe I'd go to a Yamaha dealer and see what the cost is right at the parts counter, first - maybe this weekend?). If that strikes out, or if the bolts are super-dumb expensive, I'll look into the used collection such as the link you posted. Thank you for that!

I don't know for sure what's out there, but I've got a pretty good selection of random little bits from 3 FJRs in my garage. Once in a great while I've even got the one I need. At least now I know what to do with them someday--a long time from now--when I decide to hang up the helmet. Oh hell, I'll sell the helmet too!
smile.png

That little plastic washer can be made out of an old milk bottle (they do tend to tear up with numerous R&Rs).

"Paper punch tool" to punch out the center, put the bolt thru, trim around the bolt with scissors to

the edge.

Works great..