2008 FJR - am I missing some kind of bolt?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I took off one of the side "vents" or whatever the heck you call the bits that you can wing outwards to control the heat.

Still not sure if "out" is "more heat for me" or less, but in any case: When the part is off, I can see a rubber grommet around what looks like (when I peer through it) a threaded hole. It SEEMS like I might be missing a bolt. But.. same on the other side too.

I'm the 2nd or 3rd owner of this machine, and I'm pretty sure this fairing has been off a few times for various wiring bits that have been put in.

Here's an image - looking at the left-hand-side-as-you-ride of the bike:

https://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2017/IMG_0864.jpg

Hmm... woulda been nice to have that be inline - still learning how to use this board software.

Answering my own question...

Yeah, it looks like it wants the same wide-headed, shouldered bolt that is on numerous other panels on the side of the bike.

If anyone has a part number or source, that'd be great. Looks like I need two (one each side)!

Methinks you are missing a screw, you can just see its head in this one:
(Click on image for larger view(

It's a broad headed one, like the one you can see at the bottom rear of your bike's fairing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, that's what I figured - I have the GYSM here in my hands but it's not being very forthcoming about the part size/name/anything! Still digging, maybe the part numbers are in a different part than the exploded-view disassembly instructions.