2008 used price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregory

Great things are afoot
Reaction score
Greetings all,

Just spoke with the ins co about my totalled '08. They are offering me less then 9K including farkles. They say that this is a price quote from area dealers who don't have an 08 sitting on thier floor. I say BS, way too low!

What I am asking for is any info on any 08 for sale that you know of. All I need is a dealer name (# if you have it) location ect and I will do the leg work for getting the quote. Private is ok too, they will probably balk some though.

TIA,

Greg

Greetings all,
Just spoke with the ins co about my totalled '08. They are offering me less then 9K including farkles. They say that this is a price quote from area dealers who don't have an 08 sitting on thier floor. I say BS, way too low!

What I am asking for is any info on any 08 for sale that you know of. All I need is a dealer name (# if you have it) location ect and I will do the leg work for getting the quote. Private is ok too, they will probably balk some though.

TIA,

Greg
Who do you have insurance with? That's below NADA, I'd say they were being a little unreasonable on a standard bike, much less one with farkles. Granted, farkles don't add alot of value insurance wise.

FWIW, straight NADA $7,790 -- $10,250; Kelly Blue Book $10,135. These are retail prices, trade-in price is around $7,140. These prices aren't a lock, but it does show the range that is 'typical'.

Greetings all,

TIA,

Greg
Who do you have insurance with? That's below NADA, I'd say they were being a little unreasonable on a standard bike, much less one with farkles. Granted, farkles don't add alot of value insurance wise.
Greg, below is the latest listing from Cycle Trader. There is a 2008 just South of you in Sacramento that they want $10,299 for and it does not have any farkles at all!

ugar-6 is right, they are not even offering you the NADA rate for your bike. On top of that, on page 29 of March Motorcycle Consumer News they show the value of your 2008 FJR1300A ABS as being $11,630. Greg, send me your mailing address and I'll give you that page. You should give your insurance Co. nutsack jimmy kick!

https://www.cycletrader.com/find/search-res...archid-6197239/ There is one in Minnesota selling for $10,599; also unfarkled, too! Deal Arizona Style, use a Colt .45!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Star City Powersports in Roanoke Virginia has a I believe 2009 used FJR with 1500 miles on it for $11,500.

I know it is a year off, but who knows, it might help.

Thanks Don, I'll PM ya the address.

Keep 'em comming guys!

Greg

Oh yea, I'm with Allstate.

Keep 'em comming guys!

Greg

Got your PM and will send it out today. Greg, we Arizonans are aware that you've been in California for a number of months now; and Tucson Joe, Big-D, SkooterG, Badcat and Papa Chuy have to ask you a personal question: You aren't turning girlie-man now you're a "Kalifornian" are you? Never forget Tombstone OK Corral!!!

Keep 'em comming guys!

Greg

I am also with Allsteal and they gave me $8600 for my 2006 and would not include any farkles. Then when I went all the way to Bakersfield to get my farkles they failed to list everything I told them I was removing prompting an hour delay while the yard got approval. I am ok with what I am getting but my policy states I have $1000 coverage for add-ons.

Keep fighting them. That sir, is BULLSHIT!

Burk

Keep 'em comming guys!

Greg

Got your PM and will send it out today. Greg, we Arizonans are aware that you've been in California for a number of months now; and Tucson Joe, Big-D, SkooterG, Badcat and Papa Chuy have to ask you a personal question: You aren't turning girlie-man now you're a "Kalifornian" are you? Never forget Tombstone OK Corral!!!
Thanks PapaChuy I appreciate the help.

I have yet to: Buy a Subaru, eat granola, find my feminine side (due respect to the ladies of the forum! B) or drive really slow in the left lane for hundreds of miles. This is NORTHER cal baby, where men are men and even bust's sheep would be nervous!

They are saying that I had excessive mileage (23K) and that is why they are quoting so low. They are taking off $1735 for the mileage. Anybody had to deal with this particular aspect before?

Thanks

Greg

Just got $8600 for my totalled 05-Geico. As far as farkles go, I'd take them off, The insurance company won't give you what they're worth.

I don't know how bad your bike is, but years ago when a car was stolen from me I was being lowballed and the insurance company said that their offer was fair - so I just told them to take the money and buy me another of the same year, with similar mileage in pre-accident condition. I got an extra $4K from them against an original offer of $7800.

After all, that is what the insurance money is for.

And if they won't pay for your accessories, then take them off - and be very ruthless about it.

Did you know that you can hire your own adjuster - and the insurance companies have no choice but to accept what they say . . .

Thanks guys.

It is probably going to be a long fight. Did not know that I could get my own Ins Adjuster! Will have to look into that one. I think that I will tell them to find me a similar bike and buy it. Let them do some leg work for awile.

Getting kind of irritated about the farkles with them though. I have a $1k rider and they act like I didn't have any on the bike. Sent $991 worth of reciepts (all I could find, I have more on the bike).

Appreciate the price finds and the support

Greg

Thanks for all the help guys, they finally saw the light and are sending me a check for $11k and change.

Greg

Thanks for all the help guys, they finally saw the light and are sending me a check for $11k and change.
Greg
Greg, I had Terry "Tiny" Lund, my friend and Sergeant at Arms of Phoenix Chapter of Hell's Angel's give your insurance company a call on your behalf. You owe Tiny a beer and a shot!

Greg
Glad to hear that Greg,

So the next question is: Are you going to wait for the 2011 supper hot new RED FJR model with 1500CC and cruise included or go with whats out there?

Dave