2009 IBR drawing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stryg8r

Reaction score
Supposed to happen 'on or about April 1st'. I'm crossing all my fingers and toes. I figure there's 20 or so here that probably threw their name in the hat.

Good luck to all those that entered. Hope you get drawn....right after me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd better fess up since I've gotten a couple of congratulatory PM's. I was only messin' with ya. :devil: I don't know Jack! Hopefully this little jab hasn't affected my karma with the LD gods. :ermm:

I did hear from Lisa, but it was in response to me asking if she knew how many had applied for the '09 rally.

Her response was a classic, "Yes, I do". :coolsmiley02:

As the famous pessimist Benjamin Franklin has been quoted as saying, "Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed." Good words for this sort of thing.

My wait is over. Received an mail from L3 last night informing me that I won't be in the 2009 IBR. :(

Congrats to the fortunate souls who received acceptance emails. I'll be cheering you on in 2009.

My wait is over. Received an mail from L3 last night informing me that I won't be in the 2009 IBR. :(
Congrats to the fortunate souls who received acceptance emails. I'll be cheering you on in 2009.
I still have not heard but I am guessing that means I didn't get in That Sucks I'll have to Wait till 2011

Well, there is likely to be two Western Checkpoints (including the Finish Line in SoCal somewhere), so you are in an excellent position to physically come cheer them on! B)

Congrats to all IBR entrants...... you're doomed.
bling_cool.gif

As we had last year, we have a rather significant number of FJRForum members who were selected for this event. I will leave it to them to out themselves if they so desire.....

I will leave it to them to out themselves if they so desire.....
Doomed as charged. I got the affirmative version of the e-mail and started up a fresh blog of the adventure to unfold.

...and I do feel for folks who didn't get in. It's the Major League Wesley Snipes thing.......red flags in the locker.....I'll go outside to do my dance.

Doomed as charged. I got the affirmative version of the e-mail and started up a fresh blog of the adventure to unfold.

...and I do feel for folks who didn't get in. It's the Major League Wesley Snipes thing.......red flags in the locker.....I'll go outside to do my dance.
Congratulations, Matt! Your blog is bookmarked.

You have no idea what a relief it was to receive my ..... rejection email. I literally was starting to get the 'deer in the headlights' feeling.

Now I won't need to get a second on the house. I'm hunting hot dogs instead.

As we had last year, we have a rather significant number of FJRForum members who were selected for this event. I will leave it to them to out themselves if they so desire.....
Don't forget to count the Kool-Aid guy in that number. :yahoo:

Do I get to be in the FJRForum group photo? I sure can snazz up a group photo. :p

268981570_77EMk-M.jpg

Do I get to be in the FJRForum group photo? I sure can snazz up a group photo. :p
As long as you keep your rear drive a safe distance away.

...that's just wrong.

Don't forget to count the Kool-Aid guy in that number.

268981570_77EMk-M.jpg

Tell ya what, perhaps the forum will chip in and buy you a fresh quart of Amsoil Synthetic Gear Oil, as we understand it's easier to wipe off the final drive housing and rear wheel than other gear oils.

:D

Congratulations, Iggy!! This second time around oughtta be cake, huh? ;) It'll be educational (if nothing else) to watch your preparation over the course of the next year. (And here I am having not yet attempted an SS1K!)

268981570_77EMk-M.jpg
Congratulations Jerry !

The E-mail I got from Lisa suggested to wait a while before announcing that I got picked, so I am not going to say if I made it or not right now. :yahoo: