2009 Kawasaki ZX-14 Ninja

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Europe the ZX-14 is considered a touring bike.

I actually thought about buying one adding hard bags, bar risers touring screen and centerstand and calling it a touring bike.

As a former Kawasaki owner I would have to go

GREEN!

The total cost would have been close to a FJR but would have been lighter.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Kawi has to get away from the green theme.

The Orange and Black, spooky version looks fine to me, but I would never buy a bike in a neon green color.

IMO Kawi has to get away from the green theme.
The Orange and Black, spooky version looks fine to me, but I would never buy a bike in a neon green color.
Have you seen a green 2009 ZX-14 in person? It is not the traditional lime neon green. It is a deeper green with metallic in it. I thought it looked pretty good in person when I saw it.

The ZX14 is one bike that doesn't need ABS. Drive one. You'll find out why. Really.
Any bike can benefit from ABS - especially if you ride them and put plenty of miles on them. I have had and ridden many fast big bore bikes and every one of them would have been better with ABS on the street. In fact, the European version of the ZX-14, the ZZR1400, already has ABS. The US Honda CBR1000RR can now be purchased with ABS as well.

I live in Charlotte NC where it may be 70F, sunny and gorgeous when I head out to the Blue Ridge, Smokies, Virginia and West Virginia to do of my riding. The temps can drop 20-40F when hitting the mountains, the roads turn wet, then throw in blind curves, some darkness, perhaps the herds of dear that seem to roam in the mountains in the evenings and ABS becomes your friend. Guys riding stretched, slammed sudo drag bikes probably dont run into this much, however, many of us that put a lot of miles on our bikes do.

ABS will be a natural progression on motorcycles just like disc brakes, fuel injection, electronic controls and other innovacations through the years. The fact that the ZZR1400 in Europe already has ABS and that Honda now offers it on the CBR1000RR, shows that it will just be a matter of time before ABS makes it to the US on most all big sport bikes.

Latest posts