2009 Kawasaki ZX-14 Ninja

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Reaction score
ZX-14

Okay, three different styles: Green, Halloween (2008 'Busa wannabee) & Monster.

My question is: Who is Kawasaki marketing to?

I've asked several dealers around my area who buys the Zx-14? Sales aren't spectacular, however they all stated that the ZX-14 buyer is definitely not the younger set.

So what's with all the graphics? Squidly enticements?

The green pearl looks the best, though, of the 2009 lineup.

I like my silver even better now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh...I like that orange and black one. I like that Monster one too, but if I buy a bike advertising Monster energy drinks, those mo-fo's better be stocking my fridge for free. Not a big fan of the lime/neon green. Never have been. If only I could win the lottery................................... :dntknw:

I actually like the new colors. I really like the 2008 Silver as well. I look forward to seeing some at the bike shops.

Mark

Yeah, if I had to do the big Kwak, it would be the Halloween Edition....

cbb8b9c8-c74f-47ae-8e7c-5eabef5c5e53.jpg

pimps?

( :

dean

cincinnati

ZX-14
Okay, three different styles: Green, Halloween (2008 'Busa wannabee) & Monster.

My question is: Who is Kawasaki marketing to?

I've asked several dealers around my area who buys the Zx-14? Sales aren't spectacular, however they all stated that the ZX-14 buyer is definitely not the younger set.

So what's with all the graphics? Squidly enticements?

The green pearl looks the best, though, of the 2009 lineup.

I like my silver even better now.

My favorite..Orange & Black. I guess if it's really the oldsters that are buying it, then maybe its appealing to the "2nd Childhood" crowd (of which I'm greatfully one, unfortunately with about the same amount of $$$ though) :p

Another vote for the Halloween edition. My second childhood will have to do without it, but it is a nice looking bike.

I don't understand the insurance thing. Is it because of location?

I pay $960 a year for both my '04 FJR and my '08 ZX14R.... full coverage.

Geico

I don't understand the insurance thing. Is it because of location?
I pay $960 a year for both my '04 FJR and my '08 ZX14R.... full coverage.

Geico
I'm 31 with no tickets and I pay $985 per year for a FJR, about twice what my freinds pay with their older bikes. Go figure on rates, 2007 DR650 is pretty high too and its a $4,000 bike with low power. I only get basic full coverage too.

I think the $435 per year my ST1100 cost me is high too, its a 1994! Maybe its just the Charlotte, NC address. The ZX14 is also around $1K for me too, thats the main reason I don't want a new sport bike in the garage. The insurance is too high for something I don't ride much. Now if I had the money.....

My ZX-14 was one of the better bikes I've owned, taking smooth and powerful to entirely new levels. I put 27,000 miles on it in just over a year - great bike all around.

My insurance was the same as it's been for all my large displacement bikes - roughly $360 yr, full coverage with excellent numbers (State Farm)

Was? You don't have it anymore? Its 1 year old?

It was a 2006, first year.... sold my Multistrada and proceeded to rack up serious miles on the 14. Traded it in on a new leftover Roadliner (killer deal) about a year ago. Cool bike, but not more than an interim bike, had that for 10 months and wanted another bike with range and comfort and low maintenance with tires that weren't oddball sizes - found another great deal and ended up on an FJR. Good deals have as much to do with how I end up on any certain bike....but I'm pretty happy with the FJR. It might be around longer than most.

I paid $9,999 for a new leftover Roadliner (msrp $13,699) and got $9100 in trade for it on a 2007 FJR with 1100 miles on it, that I paid $12k for.

The ZX-14 took the place of the Multistrada, which took the place of a CBR1000RR which took the place of an R1100S Boxer Cup, and so on. When I bought the ZX-14, it was close between that and a deal on an ST1300.....strange how it all worked out, but the 14 turned out to be one of the best bikes ever. Seriously excellent bike.

Just read that the UK version of the ZX-14 is available with ABS. Why the heck doesnt the US get this option? Anyone know how long the UK has had ABS on the ZX-14?

Mark