2009 zr1 corvette hot lap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woa, way cool... thanx for that

I drove the "Richard Petty Experience" at Daytona

brought back memories...did 160 on the banks in a Busch Car - painted like Tony Stewart Home Depot #20

then my brother drove a Formula 2 at Las Vegas a year later

3467341246_761e32056b.jpg

3467341228_bbeafdfa1a.jpg

3467341232_a48a86bafb.jpg

3467341242_aa72166920.jpg

3467341240_569129469a.jpg

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

Faster than the FJR could have gone????????????
Well, as a matter of fact, yes. (According to my experience

with the PS2 game Tourist Trophy.) Bike in the game is a 2005. I think the game underestimates the acceleration of the bike, but overestimates the top end. You'll find my avatar in there, and you'll also see about 3 places where I should have been killed, yet the game accepted my riding on the grass, or climbing a curb at full lean.
I linked to this quite some time back, but maybe enough folks haven't seen it so I can do it again. Ran an 8:12-something, but it stopped later than the ZR1 video, with the game using the same line for start and finish. The ZR1 timed lap finished 2 or 3 seconds earlier, so they don't have to make a 14-mile "out-lap." Give my game run a sub-8:10 for comparison. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
About the best, and affordable, sports cars on the market today, for sure. Great video.
+1

It's truly remarkable what you get for the price of a ZR1. Heck, the Z06, or even the base 'vette is a tempting choice (finally). They started to get the kinks out of Corvettes with the C4. The C6 seems to be almost completely sorted out in terms of engine, suspension, chassis dynamics (no more squeaks), and looks (cool). On the downside, the interior still seems a bit too cheap (cheesy?), and 2 out of 3 Corvette's can still be found putting along in the left lane at 55 mph in 6th gear. It's rare to come across someone stomping on their 'vette out there the way you commonly see, say, S2000s, NSXs, or Ferraris being driven.

It's rare to come across someone stomping on their 'vette out there the way you commonly see, say, S2000s, NSXs, or Ferraris being driven.
My uncle had a Z06 for a while, but they had to sell it, as his wife was one tick away from license suspension....

Faster than the FJR could have gone????????????
Well, as a matter of fact, yes. (According to my experience

So that's where you got your avatar........... :rolleyes: That's an impressive job you did putting that together. If I had a PS2 I'd be on my way to buy the game right now!!!!!...............but alas, I just have an original PS, and Superbike 2001 on my laptop. Which is fun, but I've always wanted to ride the "ring".

I noticed the front end stability seemed to be rather shaky above 130mph <_< good thing the real bike doesn't do that. Very cool game, and again, kudos on the editing, it was like watching a live race.

Ok I know this wasn't as fast but!!!!!! About 30 secounds slower but over twenty years ago.

The car was Alois Ruf's "Yellowbird", at the time the "world's fastest street car". Darn near 600 hp 911 Turbo; no traction control, no anti-lock - no electronic nannies watching over his shoulder, he's driving it by himself, with his own hands and feet. The difference shows…

That was Stefan Roser in 1987, driving the boss's car. Notice the jeans, tee shirt, and penny loafers. Just out for a sunny Sunday drive.

For those that don't know Alois Ruf is to Porsche what Carrol Shelby is to the Cobra.

It's rare to come across someone stomping on their 'vette out there the way you commonly see, say, S2000s, NSXs, or Ferraris being driven.
My uncle had a Z06 for a while, but they had to sell it, as his wife was one tick away from license suspension....
Heh.

Every time I see a C6 'vette, I look for the Z06 badge. I don't know why I do it to myself, because the very next thing I do if I see it is turn green with envy and then start day dreaming.

Ok I know this wasn't as fast but!!!!!! About 30 secounds slower but over twenty years ago.
The car was Alois Ruf's "Yellowbird", at the time the "world's fastest street car". Darn near 600 hp 911 Turbo; no traction control, no anti-lock - no electronic nannies watching over his shoulder, he's driving it by himself, with his own hands and feet. The difference shows…

I enjoyed this video so much more than the OP's video. I agree... this is some fantastic driving, especially without any assistance from the vehicle. Love the loafers!

(Can you tell I'm not workin' today?)

Tres Schweet! Huge props for doing that in an unassisted 911. I figure it's only another 50 years before all the valleys in Kali are filled to the brim with binned 911s.

~2:00 about cracked me up. :) :) :)

Boy I miss my ZO6. I brought it brand new in 2003. What a great car!! I was in this corvette road club that had track days at Road ATL . What scared me was if I cracked it up on the track, that I would be SOL because the insurance Co wouldn't cover it. I'll tell you all those "electronic goodies" kept people like me in control of that 405 HP engine. I only had the car a little over a year before the wife force me to sell it because it wasn't a family vehicle. :angry:

Now the new ZO6 are up around $75K :eek: when they use to be around $40K. I don't think I will be able to swing another one!

Last edited by a moderator: