2011 Hooterville 400

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmmm, Catfish. I'll be there Mark. If nothing else, just to laugh at you. Seriously, sounds good. I haven't done one of these rides for too long. Smitty told me that you were having this get together and it would be good to see Petey , Zzzzip, the other old guys and the ones that I have not yet met.

Chester
Hey Zzzzip, KSFJR calling us OLD GUYS he's got a lot of nerve, don't you think?.... :eek: :lol:

Mmmmmmm, Catfish. I'll be there Mark. If nothing else, just to laugh at you. Seriously, sounds good. I haven't done one of these rides for too long. Smitty told me that you were having this get together and it would be good to see Petey , Zzzzip, the other old guys and the ones that I have not yet met.

Chester
Hey Zzzzip, KSFJR calling us OLD GUYS he's got a lot of nerve, don't you think?.... :eek: :lol:

Kind of like a toad calling something ugly.....

Chester
Now you done did it Chester, you pissed the German off. :eek:

You're on your own now. ;)

:D

Absolutely no problem. Us old guys are somewhat senile anyway and can't remember anything.

Chester

Mark, I live north about a hour away frorm you,was wondering if you would mind riding down together?

That is if your leaving Friday? Yes Gary is correct, or rydtym.

Gramps won't help me with the garmin, I think we trashed his old one!

Sure...I don't which roundabout way I'm going down yet, or what time I'm leaving yet. But if things match up, I have no problem with that. We'll connect after EOM and work out particulars...

Sure...I don't which roundabout way I'm going down yet, or what time I'm leaving yet. But if things match up, I have no problem with that. We'll connect after EOM and work out particulars...
Sounds good, have a great time, talk when you get back.

Some people have been asking about turnsheets, etc.

By the end of this month, I should have turnsheets and MS S&T files made up of the Hooterville route. I will eventually make a gpx file from S&T to load up into my old GPS if it is still working.

I would like to preride the route some weekend to check road conditions, but don't know if I will get a chance before EOM.

If any locals like builderwill or others want to scout out the roads, that would be great. We will be doing the same route as last year (without the gravel detour ;) )unless road conditions dictate otherwise.

Well, twist my arm. ;)

I think I still have the route in my gps so I'll try to get some of the route ridden. I think I heard Hwy P between Potosi and Bixby was resurfaced just a couple weeks ago.

Well, twist my arm. ;)

I think I still have the route in my gps so I'll try to get some of the route ridden. I think I heard Hwy P between Potosi and Bixby was resurfaced just a couple weeks ago.
Wow....that would be great if it's true...one of my favorite sections.

Thanks for volunteering Will...we skipped some of the county roads on the SE side of the route last year because peoples were whupped from HWY 160...plus it was getting a little late. So if you could check those out as well that would be great! :yahoo:

EDIT: adjust your route near the beginning to the west a bit so no gravel roads are taken. I posted up something at the tail end of last year's ride thread that should get you to where you need to route. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark ol buddy , pencil me in. I don't think we'll have snow by then.

Rob

Mark ol buddy , pencil me in. I don't think we'll have snow by then.

Rob
Holy Crap!

I'll pencil you in alright...and the eraser is BROKEN on my pencil. Really hope to see you Rob in October if not before then at EOM. :clapping:
Hey Mark, I've got too much on the go in September. Don't think I'll make EOM this year. (but you never know)..

Mark. send me the route i will pre ride it a few day before. I rode some of it today, and found a road closed for bridge replacement. It may be open by ride time, and i like gravel. ButI will make sure there is not any.

Smitty

Mark. send me the route i will pre ride it a few day before. I rode some of it today, and found a road closed for bridge replacement. It may be open by ride time, and i like gravel. ButI will make sure there is not any.

Smitty

Do you want a S&T file or a GPX? I can send you both tonight.

BTW, Which road had a bridge out?

Smitty

It is on Hwy E, west of Fredricktown (Hwy 67) about 5 miles.

GPX will work for me.

Smitty

Last edited by a moderator:

Smitty

It is on Hwy E, west of Fredricktown (Hwy 67) about 5 miles.

GPX will work for me.

Smitty
Both kinds of files sent of the proposed route.

This sounds like an awesome ride and I see a few names of some great fellows I met at CFO. I’m thinking I have got to find away out of a previous commitment.