2011 Hooterville 400

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will, thanks for helping me out by leading a group. I added a new waypoint this year in the gps file so the route couldn't get detoured through that material service quarry. :D (I presume you have this year's file.)

It can't possibly happen again can it? :lol:
I downloaded the latest and actually checked against my garmin this year. I think I'm good to go. But the stories are so much more interesting if you take at least one wrong turn :p

Friday can't get here quick enough! Looking forward to good roads, good weather and meeting more great people. Of course, been trapped in a room all week reviewing plant drawings with a bunch of process engineers so a sharp stick in the eye sounds good at this point (my apologies to any process guys out there).

Just a heads up to the guys following me - I've been known to detour onto gravel roads on occasion, but I promise to be on my best behavior otherwise!
Will, thanks for helping me out by leading a group. I added a new waypoint this year in the gps file so the route couldn't get detoured through that material service quarry. :D (I presume you have this year's file.)

It can't possibly happen again can it? :lol:

It should be a fantastic ride...Smitty will go over the route and hand out maps on Friday night. :yahoo:

I downloaded the latest and actually checked against my garmin this year. I think I'm good to go. But the stories are so much more interesting if you take at least one wrong turn :p
If anybody complains about my leading, I usually put them in the lead and dog them all the way back to the barn. That usually fixes things...I'd rather be the hound dog anyways. :D

I just went through my supplies and found that I have 6 oil filters, 2 air filters, 2 qts or final drive fluid, and an 05 shop manual, like new. Since I totaled my 05 FJR I have no need for the parts. They are all new and are Yamaha parts. If you are interested I will bring them with me and I don't know what a fair price is but I am sure that can be worked out. I will place them on the For Sale board when I get back if no one is interested.

Chester

I just went through my supplies and found that I have 6 oil filters, 2 air filters, 2 qts or final drive fluid, and an 05 shop manual, like new. Since I totaled my 05 FJR I have no need for the parts. They are all new and are Yamaha parts. If you are interested I will bring them with me and I don't know what a fair price is but I am sure that can be worked out. I will place them on the For Sale board when I get back if no one is interested.

Chester
Sent you a pm for some of them

Thanks

Also, looks like K.C. won't be making it. His C-10 is in the tractor dealer's shop getting the carb rebuilt. Doubt it has a big priority what with the harvest in full swing.

Almost ready to head out tomorrow, hope you guys who went early didn't wear out the roads before the rest of us could join in. ;)

Got a little "situation" though. Been fighting this leg zipper on my riding pants for the past couple of months, I've put up with it though, mostly just an annoyance. UNTIL FRIKKIN' TONIGHT! Dayum thing decides tonight is as good as time as any to crap out on me. So. Coming into Farmington from the East. Anyone know of someplace close where I could buy it's replacement?

Either post here or PM me, doesn't matter, I'll check my email while on the road.

Be seein' ya'll real soon.

Mike

I talked to Smitty tonight...he is gonna ride the route...but not in any of the groups, so I'll adjust the groups a little bit.

Also, I thought I would change the oil tonight...and my bike did the crank but not fire dealio. I tried WOT several times, no dice. waited for awhile and did that again...no dice.

I lifted up the tank and changed spark plugs...still no dice at WOT.

So it's charging on the battery tender right now...hope that I can use a freshly charged battery at WOT and fight through the fuel situation at the plugs. I definitely smell gas after a little bit of WOT.

I just back from EOM a couple weeks ago...been cleaning the coal slime off the bike as I've changed the tires...so maybe I got water in where I shouldn't have...but who knows.

All this to say...cross your fingers for me...

I don't even want to think of missing this...so I am not thinking that. It will get started.

I may be too late for the pre-ride with Smitty...but we'll see. I'm still hopin' it all works out. :clapping:

Repost - slight change in the groups

Get your breakfast beforehand and be ready to ride with your group 10 minutes before KSU.

I have set up the groups as follows:

Times are KSU- Leaving from the Super 8 parking lot GAS TANKS FULL.

Group A - leave at 7:45am

builderwill*

Rushes

E.T.

Bankerjra

Group B - leave at 7:55am

petey

mehaffydr

ShowMeMo

petey's friend Jack

Gramps

Group C - leave at 8:05 am

wheatonFJR*

airboss

TripperMike

rydtym (2up)

canyonman

Group D - leave at 8:15am

griff*

0Face

zzzzip

KSFJR

blrfjr

Group X

Smitty - with one of his buddies...leaving from his place.

*group leader

Notice I did not give group B a ride leader...they are gonna have to figure that one on their own. ;)

Had a pleasant ride home this morning, took the long way to play on some more twisties and reflect on a great weekend ride.

Thanks wheatie and smitty for all you did to make this happen.

It was great meeting everybody and being able to finally put a face with a few of the names. I had a blast.

Hope everyone made it home ok.

There was one incident when I got home, the neighbors ankle biter dog took a shit on my front porch which I unknowingly stepped in and tracked into the house. payback? :eh-smiley:

until next year, be safe everyone.

Matt

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a great time as well and enjoyed meeting and riding with some more folks from the forum. Hope all are riding home safe today. Can't wait until next year! Thanks again to Mark and Smitty for all the effort.

Best of all, now I have an excuse to head up north next year and ride with TripperMike, Rydtym and Gramps.

See ya all,

Will

Mark, had a great time as ususal and you did spectacular with the weather. Met new guys and old guys and in discussing this with Petey, we have never met a bum at any of our gatherings, all a great bunch of guys.

One good thing, at least Eric came out OK on his mishap. Best wishes on the cleanup.

Chester

Got home about 4:30 to the wasteland of NW Indiana. Took 146 across southern IL on the way home - kinda purty and best of all very few hardlies around. Thanks to Smitty and Wheatie for settin up the event. Met some new guys and renewed old acquaintances. A good way to end my weekend trips this year.

Home and all is well. Thanks for setting it up Mark. What a great time!

BTW I stopped for a milkshake on the way home.

WoW

I mean....WOW what a great weekend Mark. As some of the others have already stated, huge thanks go out to you and Smitty.

Got home about 40 min.s after Gramps, and thanks to Marc for showing me the way home. After all those twisties, I'm not sure I knew what direction North was. :)

Best yet, an amazing group of guys. I so look forward to meeting and riding with ya'll again.

Got home about 6:30pm...had an absolute riot this weekend. Great weather, great roads, great people.

I was shaking my head at our good fortune during yesterday and today's ride. I have to say this was one of those weekends I'll always remember for how good it was.

I did not take photos...but after I take a shower and get some grub, I may put a few thoughts down on paper.

No egos in the group...everybody played well together.

Sorry Eric about your bike...I know you are sore...but your injuries are nothing compared to the unfortunate shirt wearing, Beanie Helmet wearing HD rider. I'm glad you were able to get a ride home from your wife and son. Really.

Got home about an hour ago safe, with the bike tucked in the garage.

WOW is an understatement for this weekend...

Thanks Mark and Smitty, and my Sat ride leader builderwill, and Rushes for watching my back..

Enjoyed meeting new and old friends.

Thanks for everyone's help after the dog attack and a big thanks to the nice local couple that stored my bike overnight.

Now to try and clean up...

Made it home safe and sound at about 6pm. Rode lots of twisties on the way home. Weather was graet most of the ride home, but rode in the rain the last 45 min. Had a great time and thanks to Wheatie for setting this up, and Smitty for the help. :yahoo: Noticed my chain on my Versy is quite loose, was ok when I left home. :angry2: ...I wonder why and how that could have happen.... :eek: :lol:

Big Thank You to Wheatie & Smitty for a great weekend.

I dunno if It's the riders or the people, but this is the event I really look forward to each year.

Those roads give me the opportunity to wring out the Duc, and in spite of a couple of oopses ( or three )I have a much better handle on it now.

BTW Eric I too got mugged by a dog, lucky for me it was after I got home and off the bike.