2011 IBR - The Inside View

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Following with spot is just so cool.

I'm not an IBA member...but this sure is interesting as hell to follow! :clapping:

I just got home late last night after an "aluminum butt" ride (1000 miles in 3 days) with the wife to Montana and decided to be late for work this morning so I could cheer on the riders heading out. It was a great experience watching all the riders head out on their epic journey. I guess Dale felt sorry for the guy on the Triumph because he got a head start on everyone! :)

Speaking of Dale, I tried to get some pointers on mounting a car tire on my FJR and he wasn't very helpful. Wonder why that is? :p :D Just kidding, I have no intention of doing such a thing, but had to tweak WC about it.

Looking forward to "arm chair" riding the IBR over the next 10 days. :yahoo:

Blaine, WA. looks like the hot tourist spot for the moment.

Always thought about doing a 4-corners, but talk about extreme! :lol:

I believe Doug Barrett is mounting a CT in Buffalo. I'm not sure about the logic here, since CT's are supposed to be all about the mileage, so why not show up in Seattle with one? The only reasonable conclusion is that he was afraid of Dale's reaction. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not looking like there will be any takers on going to Alaska.

The IBR pics posted on Facebook by the IBA show at least two bikes were dropped in the parking lot. Looks like one ST1300, and a GS1200A. Not fun before starting the rally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice move by the rider with the designation JEF who is with the group going East to Umatilla. He got off the main highway, and cut a bunch of miles off.

Nice move by the rider with the designation JEF who is with the group going East to Umatilla. He got off the main highway, and cut a bunch of miles off.
As long as the Benton County PoPos are at lunch...that stretch can be fast. The test track (a closed off public road) they use to do top speed runs for the Shelby Aero is in that area.

Link to video of start on YouTube:

Looks like 4 riders might be trying for both the 4 corners AND the capitols. At least that is the only reason I can see behind their current route choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a H U G E amount of energy and interest in this post...

This would be an incredible docu-drama if someone were to film this...

maybe next year.

Thanks Dale.

Status
Not open for further replies.