2011 Twin Cities Defiance of Winter Get Together

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe2Lmaker

Reaction score
Tonight, I'm out in the back yard, firing up the Weber grill for our New Years steaks and I thought about you guys. (I would say '& Gals' but Minnesota and Wisconsin are a little short on female FJR owners, but we're more than willing to pick you up at the airport and provide lodging, right boys?) ;)

Where to get forks rebuilt in Mpls/St.Paul area? Those forks aren't going to rebuild themselves! I'm offering my home, (specifically the basement) for this tech meet. Due to lack of interest, we're not doing fork rebuilds.

I'll provide food and beer. (and possibly cheese cake or cream cheese bars)

Actually, January 21st (at someone else's place) would work better for me. My wife will be hosting an estrogen rich Bunco meeting then. But, I thought I would offer my place, my food and my beer Saturday, January 22nd.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will come to eat your food & drink your beer, and help others with their greasy rebuilds. I'll be holding off on mine for a while.

Going try to make it, wife is out of town, only problem is I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled the week before. So no solid food for me...

... only problem is I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled the week before. So no solid food for me...
Last night I got a temporary crown. When I got home, my wife was in the kitchen making chili and chocolate chip cookies.

MMmmm cookies! [/Cookie Monster impersonation] She had saved bowl and spoon for me.

Cookie dough is not the same when half your face is numb. It's a very strange texture and very little taste. But, I didn't let that stop me until I heard a soft crunch like biting an apple. My lip had gotten between my teeth and without feeling it, I bit down hard! I decided I had better inspect the damage, so I took a look in the mirror. Evidently, my tongue had gotten in the way once or twice too.

:fool:

Next Saturday!

No one was that interested in making this a productive meeting, so it'll be food and socializing. I updated the original post.

It's starting to look like that day will be booked for me now.

Family, frozen beef, transporting borrowed vehicles, and who knows what else by then.

:dribble:

Shane

So what time do you want people to show up for this shindig??

What time does Tyler, Barb and Mary Ellen's flights get in??

Show up anytime after 3 p.m. I'll probably light the grill around 4

Forecast for tomorrow is 10 above zero. Perfect day for a barbecue!

It'll be so nice, I'm tempted to haul the patio furniture out of storage and we can do this outside. :D

Be sure to post the ride video from this meet.

...especially if barb, Tyler or Mary Ellen show up.
I'll bring my new camera & shoot some video. Maybe I can keep the vibration to a minimum this time, then again the girls may enjoy it. ;)

I've been trying to save some of this for y'all:

The_Balvenie_The_Balvenie_Doublewood_12_Year_Old_12_.jpg

It has been really tough! It's like candy!

Next summer, we'll do it right with some cigars!

Last edited by a moderator:
Going try to make it, wife is out of town, only problem is I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled the week before. So no solid food for me...

I've been trying to save some of this for y'all:

The_Balvenie_The_Balvenie_Doublewood_12_Year_Old_12_.jpg

It has been really tough! It's like candy!

Next summer, we'll do it right with some cigars!
Hey Scooby, I think we've got that no solid foods thing covered for you :eek: It'll double as a pain killer too :good: