2012 SE Ohio Ramble - May 11-14

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Group D?

Bikergeek?

Wheat Dog, are you SURE that doesn't stand for dicks?
tongue.gif

'Cause it would seem...

.... that it should ...stand for dicks.

Could ya double check?

Jus' sayin'.

biggrin.gif

Have fun, boys.

Saturday's east loop is finalized. I have GPX/GDB files for the east loop.

Sunday's west loop is getting tweaked due to local conditions...I will have that final loop posted in the the next couple of days.

Saturday's east loop is finalized. I have GPX/GDB files for the east loop.

Sunday's west loop is getting tweaked due to local conditions...I will have that final loop posted in the the next couple of days.
Ok, now to figure what a GPX file is and how to load it. :huh:

Abercrombie,

I'll have turnsheets for both days if you don't have a gps. Those should be worked with maps that we wil have posted up in this thread for you to look over the route with.

If you have a gps, I will have a GPX file that you can use to make your own GDB file while following along the maps posted. I will eventually have a gdb to load into my 2720. (Yes, I finally have a gps)

Group D?

Bikergeek?

Wheat Dog, are you SURE that doesn't stand for dicks?
tongue.gif

'Cause it would seem...

.... that it should ...stand for dicks.

Could ya double check?

Jus' sayin'.

biggrin.gif

Have fun, boys.
The only thing I am double checking is whether there is a beer in my hand after the ride is over...that and whether I rashed up my bike because I was thinking about double checking something in a blind right 180 degree turn as I crest a hill (SE Ohio standard turn).

Looks like it's official. I'm bowing out of the camping weekend and doing the Ramble instead. Reason? I booked myself into the FAST race school at Shannonville for May 30th. Not a good idea to book off 4 days for Virginia one week and then 3 the next.

On the plus side, it's a long day ride for me to get down there instead of two.

Guess I'd better try to get a room reserved or find somebody who wants to split.

Looks like it's official. I'm bowing out of the camping weekend and doing the Ramble instead. Reason? I booked myself into the FAST race school at Shannonville for May 30th. Not a good idea to book off 4 days for Virginia one week and then 3 the next.

Guess I'd better try to get a room reserved or find somebody who wants to split.
That's good news for us Ramble boys. Are you riding both Sat and Sunday? LET ME KNOW.

I was going to put you in Group C...if you want something different than that, send me a PM.

That's good news for us Ramble boys. Are you riding both Sat and Sunday? LET ME KNOW.

I was going to put you in Group C...if you want something different than that, send me a PM.
Mark, just don't let him lead :lol:

I'm not riding 2000+km to only ride one day.. BOTH!

Don't care what group. You know me, I ride my own pace. I do plan on stopping for pics and stuff occasionally.

and don't think I didn't notice your putting me in Group 'C'anadian

.. no sense of adventure...

Each group gets to decide a ride leader, I am not assigning that role to anyone...so everybody be aware of the route. That being said, if they elect Bungie, it won't be my doing. :D

<thought> I should ride my CBR250 down!</thought>

.. on second thought, the trip there and back would take 6 days..

Since I had to bail Gray Ray is looking for a roommate Friday-Sunday (maybe Monday. How well can you sleep with one eye open? :D

Can 3 more join the ramble? Myself and 2 riding buddies are beginning a week of touring on the 12th. Nobody has the Friday booked off so we could be down there Saturday afternoon and go riding on Sunday.

Bummer Steve, If I'd planned this better we could have taken the extra day and we could have ridden down together.

Can 3 more join the ramble? Myself and 2 riding buddies are beginning a week of touring on the 12th. Nobody has the Friday booked off so we could be down there Saturday afternoon and go riding on Sunday.

Bummer Steve, If I'd planned this better we could have taken the extra day and we could have ridden down together.
Hey Mike, it would be great to see you again. Sure you can come down...I might have to put all the Canadiens in a "special" group.

Are your two buddies the same as were at EOM last fall? If so, I believe they've already tasted some of this area right? What are your buddie's names and what do they ride? Just for the list.

I'll have some official sharpie marker and masking tape for name tags...because that's the way we roll in SE Ohio. :D