• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

2013 FJR Reluctantly for Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been suffering with a slight Rotator Cuff tear for a year now and literally Tore-It-A-New-One a few weeks ago while throwing my grandkids around in the swimming pool. Since then, I've been experiencing arm & hand pain and numbness.

My doctor says I need to have it repaired before it becomes so bad that he can't repair it or I've suffered permanent nerve damage. Looks like I'll be going under the knife in mid-October.

Check-out my ad on Craigslist for all the details:

https://lubbock.craigslist.org/mcy/5205995398.html

I've been lusting after an FJR for years and looked high & low to find a used one that met my specifications. (I'm very anal and quite the perfectionist).

It breaks my heart to see it go, but being able to keep riding (after surgery) is the most important thing on my mind right now.

So sorry to hear this, and hope for a full recovery. Best of luck with your sale!

I've been suffering with a slight Rotator Cuff tear for a year now and literally Tore-It-A-New-One a few weeks ago while throwing my grandkids around in the swimming pool. Since then, I've been experiencing arm & hand pain and numbness.
My doctor says I need to have it repaired before it becomes so bad that he can't repair it or I've suffered permanent nerve damage. Looks like I'll be going under the knife in mid-October.

Check-out my ad on Craigslist for all the details:

https://lubbock.craigslist.org/mcy/5205995398.html

I've been lusting after an FJR for years and looked high & low to find a used one that met my specifications. (I'm very anal and quite the perfectionist).

It breaks my heart to see it go, but being able to keep riding (after surgery) is the most important thing on my mind right now.
Thats where my 921lb wing went, no surgery coming on the cuff but the fjr is now my big bike with the dl1000 v-strom being the toy.

...sorry you have to make this decision, but lets be honest...without a reasonably fit body nobody can ride anywhere....i also am medically excluded for a time , but there is always tomorrow and fjr's are not too hard to obtain....best of luck to ya Tex and heal up well friend !

I'd keep it and see if I could ride again if at all possible.
Put the bike in storage mode while you heal... will give you something to work toward... plus you can go out and sit on it from time to time and make vroom vroom noises. ;) Best wishes on your surgery and fast healing! B)

I'd keep it and see if I could ride again if at all possible.
Put the bike in storage mode while you heal... will give you something to work toward... plus you can go out and sit on it from time to time and make vroom vroom noises. ;) Best wishes on your surgery and fast healing! B)
That worked for me...longest 6 months of my life.

I know where you are injured my knee in June had surgery in July and no weight bearing or walking for two months. I haven't even asked the doc yet about when I can ride yet. I will say selling the FJR never came to mind. I have been using this non riding time to think through what I need for the Butt Lite next year and the IBR the following.

Good luck on the sale and most of all your recovery.

I'd honestly like to hold-on the bike but it would probably be a year from now before I'd be able to ride it on a regular basis.

For me:

Fall & Winter = Motorcycle Riding
Spring & Early Summer = Bass Fishing
Summer = Play time with my four Grandkids

If the FJR sells, I plan to stick around (on the Forum) until I'm able to put another one in my garage.

If it doesn't sell, I'll stabilize the fuel, hook-up the battery tender, cover it up (inside my heated & air conditioned shop) and dream of a time when I'm able to ride again. Unless of course, I'm dreaming about fishing or Grandkids.

Thanks guys!

Similar shoulder challenge here.... really sucks.... I am convinced that naproxen is the drug of choiceto allow some rides at least... hopefully surgery this winter, (in Canada I cant ride anyhow) and back riding by june or so next year. If you do sell it consider a brand new one when you are able to ride again as a "welcome back" gift to yourself!!! Cheers

Keep it...... But that's you're choice.

Myself, I broke my left upper femur in five places two years ago. Fell at work. I have two titanium rods holding my leg together now. After a week in the hospital, 30 days in a resident rehabilitation center and two weeks at home in bed I was able to use my 2004 FJR for more rehab.... As in lifting my leg over the saddlebag and seat for more rehabilitation. Everyday, when the wife was not looking I would pay homage to my faithful FJR and begin the therapy. Now I can lift my left leg higher than my right. Keep it!

I totalled a C14 into a deer 3 years ago. High speed and odd scenario during the attempted escape resulted in bike hitting me on one of the flips (it did more than one end over). Insco paid out and I convinced my wife to buy me another that same week. Friend rode it home and put it up in the garage for me. 6 Months later I could ride again. Great therapy just being able to hobble out there and look at it.

...i thought of storing my bike or just having the wife roll him around, but heart transplants can be years in the making and riding with an LVAD hangin' off me was just out of the question...i tried anyway, i found selling the old guy to an old guy not such a bad alternative....although it was trying and was like selling off a kid, i have recovered and still get to see my feejer friends and for now that'll have to do....i do have an awesome model of an '06 Fjr i keep on my dresser !!!

I'm going to let my Craigslist ad run a few more days and if the bike doesn't sell, I'm going to hang on to it.

FYI - If you haven't looked a my ad in a few days, I did drop the price.

I'm going to let my Craigslist ad run a few more days and if the bike doesn't sell, I'm going to hang on to it.
FYI - If you haven't looked a my ad in a few days, I did drop the price.
WestTexasRanger, put a bottle of Forty Creek Whisky from Canada in your left saddlebag; it'll sell in a Dallas Minute, that's what sold mine to dcarver!

Last edited by a moderator: