2013 Iron Butt start location ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing wrong with trailering that distance for the big dance. There's enough saddle time as is. ...and the CBA welcomes you!
smile.png
NOW I'm suddenly ashamed....oyy.
pinch.gif

My work is done here!

Seriously, bike wear and tear, human fatigue, endurance...

It only makes sense to conserve energy prior to the IBR.

My hat is tipped!

Well there is the three luxurious nights at the Marriott, but you may be right! I will keep it in Eastern time zone for previous few weeks. Thanks Mr. Knight! If it's anything like an aircraft it will have catastrophic failure from sitting. I'll be there Friday late.

CBA#10 ;)

Nothing wrong with trailering that distance for the big dance. There's enough saddle time as is. ...and the CBA welcomes you!
smile.png
NOW I'm suddenly ashamed....oyy.
pinch.gif
I am looking forward to the entertainment that will be afforded when you unload your bikes in the Marriott hotel parking lot Friday afternoon. I am sure that you will get many silent nods of approval and understanding. I am also certain that no one will poke you for trailering.................. As you know, the LD community is tight knit and supportive of our own......at least until we form into a pack. BTW: I will have some shop towels available to wipe off the one of two bugs that may have hit your windshield trailering across the country. Like I said......we are a tight community and always there to help our own!
bleh.gif

I will be arriving very late Wed. or Thurs afternoon. Camera will be ready when you arrive.

I will have some shop towels available to wipe off the one of two bugs that may have hit your windshield trailering across the country. Like I said......we are a tight community and always there to help our own!
bleh.gif
We're professional wusses. It's a fully enclosed trailer! There better not be any bug hits.

I will have some shop towels available to wipe off the one of two bugs that may have hit your windshield trailering across the country. Like I said......we are a tight community and always there to help our own!
bleh.gif
We're professional wusses. It's a fully enclosed trailer! There better not be any bug hits.
No problem. Just let me know if there is anything else that you might need when you arrive.

Per your PM, I will call the spa next door and let them know that you expect to drop by sometime Friday afternoon.....

Learn from the Harley's at Sturgis. Unload at the 7-11 around the corner and then ride in like you rode the whole way.
biggrin.png

I'll be @ start & finish of the IBR - I can only guarantee I'll be at the finish because I'm not in it!!!

I'm sharing a room with an entrant (cough......!) IF the offer is still good! If not I'm screwed as no res! I did manage banquet tix for both ends, and I promise to be quiet as a puny NQP 4 digit rider........

I have a relatively leisurely ride in between - I have tix to the Coca Cola 400 Nascar race in Daytona on July 6, so have to head home, take Mama to the race, and head back up; easypeasy!

Learn from the Harley's at Sturgis. Unload at the 7-11 around the corner and then ride in like you rode the whole way.
biggrin.png
The tough part is sticking your head out the air conditioned Super Duty window for that legitimate windburned look!!!

I plan to roll in early on the 30th to hang around and check out the bikes. I have tickets for the supper that night. After the riders leave, off to WV for few days and then back to rally HQs for the night of the 4th.

Then back to Nova Scotia.

Looking forward to this little event.

Canadian FJR

Looks like a lot of FJR riders coming to play. Anyone riding a 13' in the IBR?

Trailering huh, I was thinking about pulling a trailer but putting a bike on a trailer.....

Last edited by a moderator:
We hauled 4 bikes up on a single trailer in 03. It let someone share the driving up, kept the tires new for the rally, and meant only 3 had to come back home (since 1 K1200LT went skittering down the pavement somewhere around Gerlach and the rider came home eventually by careflight). In his case it was a magic deer instead of a magic coyote.

In his case it was a magic deer instead of a magic coyote.
Just to be clear..I want no magical anything near our commuting trio. We're 3 muggles with 3 Yamahas (2 FJRs and a Tenere) and 6 new tires that want to come back with big smiles, maybe a plaque or three, and worn out tires as a difference.

I looked into trailering or shipping/flying and none of it worked out for me from the bay area, I'm leaving from Fremont early Wednesday 5/26 and will arrive in Pittsburgh Friday. Its about 2600 miles to the start. Unfortunately its also 2600 miles home afterward.

Bike and gear are 95% prepped, with a few details to finish over Memorial day weekend. I want everything completely sorted 30 days before leaving. Chances are i'll find something that needs attention, but a month can fix almost anything.

Well as much as I believe in getting places early, I think if you are leaving on 5/26 you might be getting there a little earlier than just about anyone. Yeah, I know you meant to say 6/26, but shit needed to be given.

Well as much as I believe in getting places early, I think if you are leaving on 5/26 you might be getting there a little earlier than just about anyone. Yeah, I know you meant to say 6/26, but shit needed to be given.
Yea, and if he needs a month, I hate to tell him, he's got less than five days!!!

...and who better than Timmy to give it!
biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator: