2013 Leftover Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheshire

Reaction score
I have a local dealer who is listing a 2013 FJR1300A leftover for $12,499. I feel like the price might be a little bit on the high side, but not entirely horrible. Any thoughts on a target negotiation price?

I paid less for a 2014 in November of 2014. And made them throw in a touring shield.

Thanks for posting. Don't be flustered that a couple folks got better deals. They'd be the first to tell you that the deals they got were INCREDIBLE. But they are not the norm. 12499 is a good price for a brand new bike. Can ya do better? Sure, but you'll look long and hard to do so.

It's typical that we don't know what a great deal is. Unless people put numbers up on the forum, how can we know?

It would seem to me that 12499 is a great deal, but when you compare it to the actual numbers that we can garner from this collective, looks like it's not the very best deal out there; but it is indeed a good price.

That said, most people spend too much when buying a new bike. It's sad that more people don't check with the forum before throwing away their hard earned cash at a local dealer on what seems like a good deal. As you know, most people pay far more than 12499. Many have indeed asked the forum before buying, hopped on a plane and scored an incredible deal in some distant city and simply driven their new ride home. What a great 3 day weekend and mucho dolleros saved as well.

Wise wallets love this forum.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a local dealer who is listing a 2013 FJR1300A leftover for $12,499. I feel like the price might be a little bit on the high side, but not entirely horrible. Any thoughts on a target negotiation price?
For New England area that is not a bad price. My dealer wouldn't even budge on price. So I flew to Huntsville

Alabama and bought from D&H cycle. Saved over $2,200.00 on price. Had a nice ride home to boot. Well accept for NYC. ABS came in handy.

Dave

There's always a better deal right around the corner, just ask!

That's a decent price on a brand new '13 if there aren't any adds for freight or setup. Figure what your time is worth too, $500 one way or another isn't that big a deal.

Good luck!

--G

You can get a 2014 for that price. Shop around and find some deals out there. Present them to your dealer and make him work a little on the price.

Besides if it is "listed" at that price, they will come down. Offer them 11,500.

Support your local dealer, just buy the thing. That's a much better price than I paid for mine in 2013 when they first came out. Buy the bike local and the dealer will have more incentive to take care of you down the road. I may not get the best price locally but they always take care of me when I need something.

Jayke,

There is indeed some truth to what you say. That is worth something, especially in areas where dealers are sparse. Not that you're likely to need the dealer for anything...

Gary

darksider #44

I paid $13970 (including Tax, Title, Tag, and 4 year Y.E.S.) for my '13 when I bought it in Sep of '13

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jayke" data-cid="1221565" data-time="1428514475"><p>

Support your local dealer, just buy the thing. That's a much better price than I paid for mine in 2013 when they first came out. Buy the bike local and the dealer will have more incentive to take care of you down the road. I may not get the best price locally but they always take care of me when I need something.</p></blockquote>

What he said. That's a good deal.

If you can get a 2014A for the same price why would you want a 2013 that has a 80MPH limit cruise control and a flat black front fender? A candy red 2014 will have a much better resale value and garner many complements at gas stops and parking lots.

Not that good a deal... the local dealer here has 3 2014 A's for $11999.00. I say shop it...

-JB

Not that good a deal... the local dealer here has 3 2014 A's for $11999.00. I say shop it...

-JB
Since "here" is not defined, this doesn't help very much....and I think everyone who has shopped for highly discounted bikes knows that advertised price and the actual out the door price (excluding local sales tax and registration fees) often vary greatly. Sometimes dealers are able to get some great deals on leftover bikes and pass those savings on to customers and still make a small profit, other times they are just trying to minimize the loss, but the past few years have been very hard on the entire power sport industry so if you have a local dealer who you would like to stay a local dealer than you should be willing to give that dealer your business rather than sequeezing every last nickel out of the deal or traveling across several states to save a couple of hundred bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe he likes the 2013 color better. The red doesn't appeal to everyone (I mean, that's insane if it doesn't but to each their own). Anyway, That is a solid price. That's about what I paid (before tax) for my 2014 towards the end of the 2014 season, but I had to take a ferry to Wisconsin and then drive 8 hours home. My break-in ride thru Chicago wasn't all that great. New bike made it easier, but the drive wasn't that enjoyable. In my case it beat every place in Michigan by $2,000 at the time, so well worth it.

Bottom line is if your price is really $12,499, it's a great price for a gen III FJR. Watch out for doc fee's and other set up fee's. If those aren't included you may have to shop around still.

$12,499 is reasonable. If the dealer isn't willing to come down at all, see if they will throw in a couple items like frame sliders, upgraded horns, flashing brake light, etc...........don't forget the 600 mile service if it isn't already included. If they won't do that maybe buy some nice frackles and have them installed as part of the deal.

If you like their maintenance department, the shop could be backed up when you need a new tire installed, that four or five day wait can turn in to one some how when you buy local. ;)

Good luck with your decision.