2013 Traction Control - Used it yet?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree but I am waiting for the cruise control fix so I can go 82mph.
Copy that. I hope the wait ain't too painful...
no.gif

Man traction control is for woosies! When I took the California Uber Bike school I was hangin it out there like Casey Stoner! (In my mind) ....

Huh? The BMW S1000RR has traction control? .... And Race ABS? .... And Shift assist? ... Er.... Nevermind...

Woos.

Man traction control is for woosies! When I took the California Uber Bike school I was hangin it out there like Casey Stoner! (In my mind) .... Huh? The BMW S1000RR has traction control? .... And Race ABS? .... And Shift assist? ... Er.... Nevermind... Woos.
Exactly! Real men ride bikes with car tires, no ABS, CC, or TC. :rofl:

Spoken like a true eskimo......you just got off of my list carver.........

We go over gravel sprinkled roads all the time in WI and it causes the bike to jiggle out to the side or kick the rear endout a bit if on the gas, very common but never caused any issues once you get used to it a bit. I'd doubt if traction control even came on if it was a horizontal slide on top of the gravel. Like the others said I think wet and very cold roads is where the TC will save your butt.

Also I'd like to know how well the 13's wheelie if anybody else is into that without the TC manually turned off.

I was riding in a heavy down pour the other day and wished at the time I had traction control. The large puddles of waters was a big concern for me in hydroplaning, traction control I believe, would have been a great help in a hydroplaning event.
Traction control ain't going to do didly-squat for hydroplaning.

I was riding in a heavy down pour the other day and wished at the time I had traction control. The large puddles of waters was a big concern for me in hydroplaning, traction control I believe, would have been a great help in a hydroplaning event.
Traction control ain't going to do didly-squat for hydroplaning.
+1

No wheelies on an FJR.

Kinda lost yer line in that school zone, dude.....trying to kill some pups er what?

Latest posts