2015 FJR1300 Information Released!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ick.jpg

Interesting that the MSRP is the same as 2014 for both the A ($15890) and ES models ($16890). I don't recall that ever happening before...although they did asterisk it saying the price is subject to change. *Potential buyers might want to capture the price screen shot for later dealings with the dealer.
ALERT ALERT ALERT!

I think I just spotted something very interesting. The 2015 pictures do NOT include saddlebags in the stock photography. The 2014 does. Are the North American models now going to offer saddlebags as an option like most our other brethren countries in the world?
UPDATE - Stand Down

Yamaha has several different pages for the FJR. The pictures I got were from https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/products/modelhome/180/0/home.aspx using a Google search.

If one navigates to https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport/products/modelhome/689/0/home.aspx it's shown with saddlebags.

Regardless, both pages link to the same Features page that says:

Subframe-fitted quick-release luggage mounts provide easy use of the standard accessory hard side cases, which are conveniently matched to the ignition key.
So, I think I was too quick on the assumptions. I think standard side cases are still the norm for the U.S. Whew.

Bonus then is the price is unchanged for 2015! That is a first however.
thumbsup.gif

I'll probably drop by this afternoon before 5 pm and look like a meth addict after three day's sobriety.
bye bye 05 blue, finally time for an upgrade that I can live with.....
I sure hope it looks better in person because my local dealership is checking to see when they can order a '15 ES for me. Provided the side cases are still included.
That's it, Some bright green side stripes and I am all over it. Come on spring time. May have to do another trip to D&H.
Imagine the mother of all group-buys.
greedy.gif
tonguesmiley.gif

What will be D&H's price on these new models - if they were the same prices as last year...... ?!?!?

Maybe the same as last year... but then you'd be stuck with a gray bike.

rofl.gif

Better then that awful RED..... LOL You crack me up Fred....

Just got a quote from my dealer....

2015 FJR1300ES

Retail $16890 Your Cost $14964.00
Just add tax, title, and license

I like it, but not as much as the 13 color and certainly not as much as the 14 color. My decision to buy a 14 has proven to be a wise one.

WTF?!?

STILL no sixth gear?

And STILL only a 1300cc four-banger instead of a 1600-cc six-banger??

What's Yamaha THINKing??

grin.gif

I'd hafta see it in person, but I think it looks good! Of course, "good" isn't quite enough to go into debt over, so I will be patient. Besides, I'm not ready to bail on the AE yet (too lazy to pull in a clutch lever!)
rolleyes.gif

Just ordered a 2015ES. IT IS THE SAME COLOR as the A model. The automatic is NOT available in the US. Only in Europe. The ES has the inverted forks, the electronic suspension, just like the 2014. Love that new color.

Traded in my 2012 BMW K1600GTL. Too many problems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the same as last year... but then you'd be stuck with a gray bike.

rofl.gif

Better then that awful RED..... LOL You crack me up Fred....

Just got a quote from my dealer....

2015 FJR1300ES

Retail $16890 Your Cost $14964.00
Just add tax, title, and license
Sounds like a good price and no need to fly & ride.

Noticed the adjustable fairing side panels are now painted a gloss black rather than the matte finish, nice touch.

Still like the color of the '14 better.

For those of you that placed an order, how long are they saying it will take? Apparently MSRP is not required, they are willing to deal?

My salesman never called me back today and he did not sound like he had any idea that he could order the 2015 yet.
upset.gif
angry01.gif

I'll net not. The light in Skooter's pic is FUBAR. I bet that thing is shiny and wilL look juuuuust fine in real life. Lots of of people running around bitching about the red, black, blue, silver, black-cherry,curelan silver and whatever color the '13 is. Seems lots of people change their mind when they see one in real life. Can't make everyone happy I guess...
The 13's are "Battleship Metallic".
Uh, Stone Grey/Gray. I'm not excited about the "Graphite", was looking for something more bold. The '14 is bold, but not a fan of red.I still feel the '13's color is a winner?