2015 Suggestions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd really like to see the color silver on one.
punk.gif

Only a couple more weeks til we should be getting some info...... Was trying to hold out on buying new tires for "Trogdor" with the new announcement forth coming but alas, that was not going to happen, can't stay off the damn thing for long enough.

Would like to hear from others what changes or added features you would like to see in 2015 (but don't want to hear about the 6 gear please)
2) How about having a manually adjustable baffle to direct warm air towards ones legs if desired in the cold months.
Did you say warm air? I already have this on my Gen 1 - it's wonderful during the cooler months. But it seems that I can't figure out how to shut it off during the warmer months...

Gary

darksider #44

Yamaha black and yellow color scheme.
+1, Gunny; I also would like to see the black and yellow color scheme made available, plus a factory mounted beer bottle opener should be made standard on the FJR.

I ride my FJR in Mexico a lot and farther South you ride the more Cerveza in bottles you encounter, Yamaha mounted beer bottle opener saves me carrying a church key!

Bohemia-Cerveza-0505.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What I hope for in the 2015 FJR is no change whatsoever, so I remain totally satisfied with my 2014.

(Click on image for larger view)

A horn that lets cell phone, big mac eating cagers know your there.
I read the ideas. Agreed with some. Laughed at others. Rolled eyes at others.

But this one... Yeah. Super loud horns. Louder than the loudest Semi-Truck horn. Rattle the suburban windows loud.

This one I AGREE with.

A horn that lets cell phone, big mac eating cagers know your there.
I read the ideas. Agreed with some. Laughed at others. Rolled eyes at others.

But this one... Yeah. Super loud horns. Louder than the loudest Semi-Truck horn. Rattle the suburban windows loud.

This one I AGREE with.
You want super loud horns birkdale10, then welcome to Patriot Mike Oliver's FJR Stebel Air Horns on his "Isabella"! Mike could hit his FJR horn in New Orleans and you could hear it in Houston! JSNS!

3302053084_01f3eae202.jpg

If you listen to the engine noise immediately after the sound of the horns end, you will hear it rising from a reduced level back to the original level. This means the recorder has used a level adjustment to reduce the sound level during the loud bits.

So, the stock horn is probably louder than it sounds, the Stebel is probably MUCH LOUDER than it sounds.

So, for once, I have to agree with Beemerdons. JSNS
smile.png

It will be a sad day if the FJR ever follows the ways of the Trophy or BMW's.

Just look at content of their Forums.

There will be a lot of poor, sad Trophy owners when their bikes come out of warranty.

It will be a sad day if the FJR ever follows the ways of the Trophy or BMW's.Just look at content of their Forums.

There will be a lot of poor, sad Trophy owners when their bikes come out of warranty.
Not sure I understand what you mean. "Follows the ways of the Trophy?" Could you translate that Queensland-eeze?

Gary

darksider #44

Went by a local dealer today. Sat on a red one, asked about 2015s. Salesman (punk-ass kid, really) pointed out the GM walking by, who said, "Yeah, I placed my order last week."

"Really?! What colors are offered?"

"Colors? Wait a minute, that was the ATV order I put in. FJRs won't be out until mid-winter."

"Does that mean November or December, because I've been writing Santa Claus ..."

"Late November I'd expect."

"Any word on colors and new features?"

"Nah," as he walked off.

Punk-ass salesman: "Hey, what if I got a full-body wrap for this 2014? Any color you want. Would you consider buying it today?"

It will be a sad day if the FJR ever follows the ways of the Trophy or BMW's.Just look at content of their Forums.

Not sure I understand what you mean. "Follows the ways of the Trophy?" Could you translate that Queensland-eeze?

Gary

darksider #44
Lets see if I can help since I have been following the Trophy forums since January 2013 and one of the locals got one of the first Trophy's sold in the US. His Trophy had been in the shop 19 times the first 9 months and qualified for the State's lemon laws at least 3 times. The last I heard he was on his third wiring harness. In addition to numerous parts failures, the availability of parts was even worse. His bike was an extreme example but others have had nothing but frustrations with the Trophy and dumped the bike because of its unreliability. Many owners have had no problems at all and everyone has liked the Trophy when everything was working but overall the reliability seems to be a crap shoot and the percentage of lemons appears to be way too high. Sounds like it has the potential to be a great bike but Triumph needs to greatly improve its quality control.

Along with my 07, I also had a Trophy for 3 months.

The battery failed within a week, I bought a new one. The dealer in Brisbane didn't want to pay for it, Triumph Australia didn't want to pay for it.

The bike was stalling when coming to a stop, continually. Couldn't get it looked at for 3 weeks.

Turned out that the throttle bodies were blown off the manifold.

Took me 51/2 hrs to strip the bike and fix, then about 3 hours to assemble everything.

Came across several missing & stripped screws, busted plastic fairing bits & plastic slots. On a new bike ???

manifold.JPG

Also takes as long to access the air filter & plugs.

Center stand recall

ECU recall

Right fork started leaking

Then the left fork started dribbling oil 1K kms after the right fork.

Fork%2B1.jpg

Had 2 Aussie forum members with busted gear pivot bolts, a real worry ! The brake lever has the same pivot bolt.

Have to strip 1/2 the rear sub-frame and hopefully easy-out the broken bolt, no stock in Australia.

Incredibly poor powder coating on the wheels, severe damage when I swapped out the tyres and bad road rash.

Had the rattly head symptoms and getting worse each ride, ie a crook valve train. Not a recall but a service advisory. Offered to ride to Melbourne to the Importers / dealer. No reply to my emails to Triumph Australia, not answering my contact requests.

Had a busy 3 months, so I sold the piece of shyte ! and bought the AEE :)

Didn't even want to think about servicing the drive or suspension linkages lol lol lol

Off the top of my head the trophy also suffers from crook audio units, warped rotors, crook fuel tanks (recall in the USA), crook headlight fittings, no breather on the diff & blowing out oil seals, crook CAN Bus & wiring looms, broken pannier hanger brackets etc etc

You also need a tool to access fault codes and to reset the maintenance warnings.