• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Motorcycle For Sale 2016 FJR1300ES For Sale

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBillFL

Reaction score
2016 FJR1300 ES. 2600 MIles-not a misprint. Garage kept on trickle charger. I ride it around the block about once a month to keep in lubricated. Fresh oil, tranny fluid, and coolant. Bike is stock with the exception of 3M protectant film installed when new.

Bike is in Fort Myers, FL.

$12500.

Attachments

• Cockpit.jpg
    Cockpit.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • FhtFrnt.jpg
    FhtFrnt.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    987 KB · Views: 2
  • LftRear.jpg
    LftRear.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • LftRear2.jpg
    LftRear2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
  • LftSide.jpg
    LftSide.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • LfttFrnt.jpg
    LfttFrnt.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 3
  • Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 2
  • RhtRear.jpg
    RhtRear.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
  • RhtSide.jpg
    RhtSide.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
2016 FJR1300 ES. 2600 MIles-not a misprint. Garage kept on trickle charger. I ride it around the block about once a month to keep in lubricated. Fresh oil, tranny fluid, and coolant. Bike is stock with the exception of 3M protectant film installed when new.

$12500.
Please explain what exactly the 3M protectant film is…I’ve never heard of it?

Please explain what exactly the 3M protectant film is…I’ve never heard of it?
A peel-and-stick protective film. Easily removed. 3M is one of the film manufacturers. A number of companies sell bike-specific pre-cut kits to do all or just part of your bike.
FJR Paint Protection Kit

Last edited:

$12500.
Please explain what exactly the 3M protective film is…I’ve never heard of it?
A peel-and-stick protective film. Easily removed. 3M is one of the film manufacturers. A number of companies sell bike-specific pre-cut kits to do all or just part of your bike.
FJR Paint Protection Kit
what surfaces was the protective film applied to on this bike? Is 2016 a year that had the recall due to transmission issues? If so, has the recall work been completed?

Thanks for all of your comments.

The recall has been done.

The 3M film is installed in a manner similar to window tinting. I does come off easily and leaves no residue. I had it professionally applied.

California doesn't care if it's 50 state or not, they are just trying to stop people from buying for out of state. When I bought mine in Missouri, I ended up registering it in NM because I had an address here. I rode it around Cali for two years before I moved back here. If you have family out of state, see if you can register there. It is one of the stupidest rules ever. I've had other friends do the same thing. One friend picked his truck up in Florida and just registered it with his parents address. Drove it in Cali for years without getting it registered there then sold it.

"California doesn't care if it's 50 state or not..."

Huh, I thought the rule is that if the vehicle doesn't have 7500 miles AND is not 50 state legal you could not bring it from out of state and register it as a new owner. If it is 50 state smog legal, you CAN register it as a new owner. If the statements above are true, then CA DOES care if it is 50 state smog legal.

I also have read that if the vehicle is registered in another state in your name, then brought into CA the 7500 mile + 49 state smog requirement are not in play. So as you state, you can skirt the rules by registering it in another state first (or further skirt the rules by just leaving it registered in the other state while in CA).

I don't have a way to register out of state, so I am curious if newer FJR's are 50-state legal.

California doesn't care if it's 50 state or not, they are just trying to stop people from buying for out of state. When I bought mine in Missouri, I ended up registering it in NM because I had an address here. I rode it around Cali for two years before I moved back here. If you have family out of state, see if you can register there. It is one of the stupidest rules ever. I've had other friends do the same thing. One friend picked his truck up in Florida and just registered it with his parents address. Drove it in Cali for years without getting it registered there then sold it.

"California doesn't care if it's 50 state or not..."

Huh, I thought the rule is that if the vehicle doesn't have 7500 miles AND is not 50 state legal you could not bring it from out of state and register it as a new owner. If it is 50 state smog legal, you CAN register it as a new owner. If the statements above are true, then CA DOES care if it is 50 state smog legal.

I also have read that if the vehicle is registered in another state in your name, then brought into CA the 7500 mile + 49 state smog requirement are not in play. So as you state, you can skirt the rules by registering it in another state first (or further skirt the rules by just leaving it registered in the other state while in CA).

I don't have a way to register out of state, so I am curious if newer FJR's are 50-state legal.
If there was any doubt, I'm sure one could find a nice 5,000 mile route that would take you from Florida to California. What better way to get acquainted with a new bike? 7,600 miles when you got there and no issue for an out-of-state bike.
(I have no idea whether there is a difference between California and 49 state bikes. For Gen II, the difference was the charcoal canister. Parts fiche has a separate listing for California Gen IV bikes so there is apparently some difference.)