2016 Hooterville Home Safe Thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petey

Reaction score
Took the short way home...had a great time and the weather was perfect...
thumbsup.gif

Made it in around 5 pm.

What a great time. Great weather, great roads, great people. Simply awesome!

Huge call out to OFace for making this happen. Thank you Marty!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Made it in about 7ish. Absolutely great weather. Absolutely amazing roads. Absolutely great people. Met some new faces and got to see some familiar faces. Thanks to Oface for a great time.

Home safe after 790 miles. RR material in that past few days...thanks Marty for being"the man" again. Hotel and breakfast was awesome...riding was spectacular...fellowship of riders was awesome.

I just walked in a few minutes ago after 850 miles. I was within 15 minutes Garmin's first suggested ETA when I left the hotel this morning. Not too bad considering....

JB Weld held great and the stator didn't leak any oil!!!

Marty/Mark Thanks again for all of the help yesterday. I truly appreciate it!!!

Left about 7:30 from Harrison. Went north toward Branson and then cut over to Ava and then went north to Lebanon. I would have loved to cut all the way across Missouri but I had to be back in Champaign for football practice at 4. Rolled up a couple of min after 3, so I made great time. Might of had something to do with running "slightly" over the limit on 76 and 5. I watched my GPS arrival time drop down about 30 min over the first 2 hours.

1300 miles in 3 days was okay but it was the 500 twisty miles that were the best. Whether I was solo or with Gramps and Marty, Arkansas is so fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just walked in a few minutes ago after 850 miles. I was within 15 minutes Garmin's first suggested ETA when I left the hotel this morning. Not too bad considering....

Great to hear the repair held for you too. I was just amazed how fast the Steelstik set and how well it held up. I actually hit triple digit speeds with my repaired generator cover. Was there much additional damage, or did the Canyon Cages do the job?

Home at 11:30 mountain std time.

Thanks for putting Hooterville together Marty.

And thanks to all who attended,made for a Meet.

Great to hear the repair held for you too. I was just amazed how fast the Steelstik set and how well it held up. I actually hit triple digit speeds with my repaired generator cover. Was there much additional damage, or did the Canyon Cages do the job?
I will let the poster respond for himself...but from what I saw, with the Canyon Cages there was minimal damage. However, the hwy pegs mounted to the canyon cage hit the ground and the impact rotated the hwy peg via lever action right into the stator cover.

Wheaton is right...the Canyon cages did their job and damage was minimal.

My 13 suffered the stator hole only because of the highway pegs. The rear bag guard was pushed about 1/8-1/4" closer to the bag (no big deal). The mirror and LR4 driving light were scuffed. Stator cover is on order and should be here this week. Ill leave the mirror and light as is and probably coat the scuffed bars with bedliner over the winter. I'm surprised the mirror support didn't snap like is common with Gen 3.

Julie's 12 broke 3 windshield screw and the plastic "W" piece on the shield. Her bag guard was significantly pushed towards the bag making it a bit more tricky to open the bag. She thinks she can bend it back in place. I believe she also just touched down the L bracket for her LR4 lights.

Overall.....we are both really pleased with the Canyon cages. If I had to do it again I would probably order T-rex cages. They come up higher for more mounting options of highway pegs, have consumable/replaceable pucks front and rear for when they touch down and are less expensive.

Home tonight after a few stops along the way...... the strawberry rhubarb pie at Blue Springs Cafe was excellent! The foot-high pies weren't that high but I'm sure they would satisfy those that dared to sample. It was my first time to AR and it was very good. Thanks Marty and all for making it a great time for Dean and I.

Home sweet home.

Went to Eureka Springs first and dropped off camper for another ride out 19th-23d. Hauled butt home but hit bumper to bumper in Dallas, (figures)

Back to Alvin Texas for some R&R and to switch bikes. Hoping the weather will be just as nice for this next one as it was for this Hooterville run.

Really enjoyed meeting most of you all. Had a great time camping; riding, BBQ and some really great scotch (Thanks Paul).

In the barn at 6pm tonight after a couple of days in Dallas. Had to use heated gear in the rain the last part of the day when it dropped to 53.

I liked the Tiger, but really miss the FJR for the H-400 roads. May have to start thinking about another trade................

Another nice H-400. Hope I'm around for the 12th one.