2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally took the time to read this BS from beginning to end. Wow.
1. It is beautiful. My sincere congratulations to those of you in line to purchase one.

2. 5 speed vs. 6 speed. The number of gears is not going to be the determining factor in my purchase decision. If I have to shift one more time to reach top gear, how have I helped myself? Of course I have not hurt myself either. I am sure the 6 speed will be nice and will work just fine. The gain or loss of one gear will not affect me. Saying, " I would not buy one because it only has 5 gears", is the equivalent of a child whining about wanting to drink out of the pink sippie cup instead of the blue one. Just Stupid. None of us know yet what effect the 6th gear will actually have on RPM or fuel mileage. Lower RPMs do not always equal better fuel mileage.

3. Gen3 vs. Gen4??? Really? Is it that important. I always believed that the "Gen1/Gen2/Gen3" designation originated HERE, on this forum. It certainly does not come from Yamaha. This is completely insignificant to me.

4. Tranny. Can we stop using this word? When I hear tranny I think of SKooterG and those freaks that lurk on the far end of Bourbon Street. It is a transmission. It ain't that hard to type it out.

5. Again, I congratulate all of you who are in line to buy one. I look forward to your reports, your happiness, and your continued forum participation. I hope to see some of you on the road.
Tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny tranny.

Well, that was muh-CHUR!!!!!
rolleyes.gif

Don't like "tranny?" Stop saying "Gen." It's "generation."

Kind of a double-standard for shorthand, isn't it???
tongue.png

This post is not intended to be a serious rebuttal, nor is it designed to propose any actual standard system of shortcut references to tediously multisyllabic terms, including but not limited to, transmission, generation, and light-emitting diode.

Abercrombie FJR posted: Dang, I'm 53, the average age of a FJR owner!
Finally! Statistics that prove I am far ABOVE average.
Not sure about the above average part, but definitely old...
wink.png
Hey, I'm just a bit over 53....like 7 years
weirdsmiley.gif

Tranny has been short for transmission since long before gender reassignment and its related terms came in the general lexicon..

Context matters, too, folks.

Hey, I'm just a bit over 53....like 7 years :weirdsmiley:
Tranny has been short for transmission since long before gender reassignment and its related terms came in the general lexicon..

Hey, I'm even older. I'm from a time when gay meant happy and cheerful.
So old, I'm unlikely to get another FJR after my 2014 :( .

So old, I'm unlikely to get another FJR after my 2014
sad.png
Yeah ... and none of this was part of the public discussion. I miss those days. The days when happy and cheerful folks could do what they wanted in their own space, and they did not feel compelled to rub my nose in it continuously.

Hey ... MCATrophy ... You may be old, but you're still quite sharp. I'll bet you'll be looking for another bike in a couple of years
snooks.gif

It's threads like this that get me through the Winter, if Winter ever comes. We'll definitely be riding on Christmas eve and Christmas day here in Pittsburgh. Life is good.

Hey, I'm just a bit over 53....like 7 years
weirdsmiley.gif

So old, I'm unlikely to get another FJR after my 2014
sad.png
Ha, I'm so old I even remember WHEN gay didn't mean GAY any more. It was 1969 and we just moved to our new home in Waterford Michigan. There were 9 of us, all 14 years old, who hung out constantly that year, pounding each other to death playing "king of the raft" down at the beach at Huntoon lake. That 10 foot square raft was floating about 50 yards off shore all summer long. Amazing how such a dumb (and maybe dangerous) game could be so much fun. The "king" would stand atop that raft proudly proclaiming such, and each new challenger was loudly deemed to be "gay" for even trying to ascend the throne. I'd never heard that before. I guess the dictionary changed a little that summer. Remember '69? That was the year that Honda came out with the mighty 750 four and Kawasaki fielded their legendary Mach 1. I was busy dreaming about how I could buy a motorcycle with some real power. My Honda 50 could make 36 mph if I laid down on the gas tank and kept my head down. Little did I know there would one day there would be an FJR in my garage. OK, fine, it's not a 2016, but it's paid for and runs like a scalded cat. Hope those of you who can, do indeed enjoy having a new Gen 4 in the garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michigan has always been gay. They were probably using the word gay there even before 1969.

The Hollywood "in crowd" were using it earlier. It eventually migrated into the vernacular.

Of course there was no "urban dictionary" or internet to spread the knowledge, so it moved more slowly.

I remember before it became popular to "come out" that I stayed in a Washington DC hotel for a conference, and they'd screwed up my reservation, and the only room left was a very large pent house suite. They gave it to me. It had a door bell. There were several rooms inside, including kitchen, two bedrooms, living room, a couple of bath rooms, and a TV in every room ... this was high luxury. So how is this relevant to the current discussion?

Liberace had the suite next to mine. He was "out" but I was not "in", so I did not know.

No, there were no connecting doors ...
dribble.gif

I guess we have hashed out all of the 2016 features, one way or the other, until someone takes delivery.

Check, please....