2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is exciting!!!!! Mucho congrats, Adam. It was real cool for the dealer to send you a few pictures of the "birth".
Hang in there, Joe. Great things will come to those that wait. I know - easy for Pants to flap his beak with 60 degree sunny days and a Yamaha sitting in his shop. Not really a good time to ride up there anyway?
Thanks! Renaa called me to finalize the transaction. During our conversation I asked her if they'd like to sponsor WeSTOC by providing some swag to give away at the banquet. She said 'yes'. She's going to put some hats and/or other swag in the side cases for me to give away. Then she said they were in the back getting the bike out of the crate and that she'd send some pics. From my experience, and from what I've heard from others here on the forum, they seem like really good people.

Last edited by a moderator:
AdamK posted: I just got a call from Renaa at D&H. My bike is in. VIN xxx0039. The shipper will be picking it up 2 weeks from today and I'll have it the following weekend.
Make sure they know you're from the FJRForum. The group that visited last week was well-received, since both Gerald and Renaa are familiar with our little corner of the internet.

And BE CAREFUL riding away from their sales floor: like most roadside businesses in north Alabama, their parking lot is gravel. Wouldn't want you to to pull a Redfish Hunter.
coolsmiley02.gif

AdamK posted: I just got a call from Renaa at D&H. My bike is in. VIN xxx0039. The shipper will be picking it up 2 weeks from today and I'll have it the following weekend.
Make sure they know you're from the FJRForum. The group that visited last week was well-received, since both Gerald and Renae are familiar with our little corner of the internet.

And BE CAREFUL riding away from their sales floor: like most roadside businesses in north Alabama, their parking lot is gravel. Wouldn't want you to to pull a Redfish Hunter.
coolsmiley02.gif
I'll mention the FJRForum to Renaa next time I talk to her. BTW, I have confirm with Gerald that the spelling of her name is 'Renaa", the 'southern spelling' as Gerald put it. I didn't confirm if it's 'Jerald' or 'Gerald', but I did find it spelled 'Gerald' in a Cullman business posting so I've been going with that spelling of his name. :)

My bike is being shipped to Seattle in a couple of weeks. I already have 4 weeks of riding planned this summer in Colorado. Didn't want to take another week to go get it myself or have to worry about the weather.

I'm talking to several dealers around Texas about who can order a '16 ES for me now, when I would get it, and who has the best price. This morning I had a salesman on the phone from a dealer in San Antonio and coincidentally his Yamaha rep was standing right next to him—the rep emphatically said that they were not going to be shipping any of these bikes to dealers until May. I had them pull up AdamK's post of the pictures of his ES at D&H in the crate—the rep was dumbfounded and was going to call his boss to find out why he was getting such bad information. Why would the reps not know when these bikes are shipping—I just don't understand this. Why does Yamaha make it so difficult to get one of these?

Is there anyone else that actually has a VIN for a new ES and a firm delivery date? My normal dealer here in Houston that is the largest multi-line dealer in town cannot get one for me—they say that Yamaha only allocated them one A model and they don’t want it because they still have an unsold ’15 A model on the floor. Is Yamaha actually selectively allocating these bikes to dealers?

Congrats AdamK! How exciting that there will soon be a 2016 just up the road from me. Can I come up and drool on it when it gets here? And SkooterG wants me to hide a booger on it somewhere.
wink.png
Sure! And now that I'm hanging out on this forum in addition to the ST forum the same offer stands to use my NoMar tire machine. If people want to bring wheels and rubber over you're welcome to change tires for the low cost of a 6-pack of beer! ;)

My normal dealer here in Houston that is the largest multi-line dealer in town cannot get one for me—they say that Yamaha only allocated them one A model and they don’t want it because they still have an unsold ’15 A model on the floor. Is Yamaha actually selectively allocating these bikes to dealers?
I am no expert in this matter, but probably smarter than most. And the info that dealer gave you is BS. They are either idiots, or not telling the truth.

My normal dealer here in Houston that is the largest multi-line dealer in town cannot get one for me—they say that Yamaha only allocated them one A model and they don’t want it because they still have an unsold ’15 A model on the floor. Is Yamaha actually selectively allocating these bikes to dealers?
I am no expert in this matter, but probably smarter than most. And the info that dealer gave you is BS. They are either idiots, or not telling the truth.
Is it possible for one to speak directly to a Yamaha rep and get the truth? I would really like to buy the bike from my dealer of choice here in Houston.

It has been SOP to allocate quantities in the past, if you're a big dealer in a potentially high volume area, you are going to get yours first and in justifiable numbers. Not likely Yamaha could give everybody all they want all at once. My local guy here is getting two in the next 3 weeks, one gray, one blue. He is relatively a small dealer. Supply will lighten up once the initial allocations are made. Meanwhile there are unsold new '14's and '15's available (here).

Is it possible for one to speak directly to a Yamaha rep and get the truth? I would really like to buy the bike from my dealer of choice here in Houston.

Unfortunately not.

A local dealer was sent their allocation of '15s then Yamaha said that there were some '15s left after allocations so my dealer was able to pick up one unanticipated '15 ES which they seemed motivated to sell.

RaYzerman19 posted: <snipped> .... if you're a big dealer in a potentially high volume area, you are going to get yours first and in justifiable numbers.
... or if you're D&H, a tiny dealership in middle Alabama, and sell a truckload of FJRs to customers from all over the US.

I get the impression dealers who sell lots of FJRs, get lots of FJRs allocated to them, and probably early allocation too. Renaa said they sold over 100 FJRs last year. Last year my local dealer got an A and an ES. They still have the A. This is probably why they want to hang on to there ES and see what the market will bring.

Now those pictures show the true blue. All of the website images and the pics from the shows had some funky lighting. This is the 06, 12 and now 16 true blue. This is going to be very hard to wait til the time is right to buy.

I'm talking to several dealers around Texas about who can order a '16 ES for me now, when I would get it, and who has the best price. This morning I had a salesman on the phone from a dealer in San Antonio and coincidentally his Yamaha rep was standing right next to him—the rep emphatically said that they were not going to be shipping any of these bikes to dealers until May. I had them pull up AdamK's post of the pictures of his ES at D&H in the crate—the rep was dumbfounded and was going to call his boss to find out why he was getting such bad information. Why would the reps not know when these bikes are shipping—I just don't understand this. Why does Yamaha make it so difficult to get one of these?Is there anyone else that actually has a VIN for a new ES and a firm delivery date? My normal dealer here in Houston that is the largest multi-line dealer in town cannot get one for me—they say that Yamaha only allocated them one A model and they don’t want it because they still have an unsold ’15 A model on the floor. Is Yamaha actually selectively allocating these bikes to dealers?
Another ES was delivered to the new owner yesterday, from a dealer in southern Ohio. I believe the VIN was 47.

Now those pictures show the true blue. All of the website images and the pics from the shows had some funky lighting. This is the 06, 12 and now 16 true blue. This is going to be very hard to wait til the time is right to buy.
Does anyone know if the Givi blue panels are a match for the Yamaha blue? TIA!