2024 FJR1300?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane Deets

Reaction score
Hello. Does anyone know whether or not there is truly a 2024 FJR1300 model to be introduced? I thought the FJR1300 was retired by Yamaha, however there are some YouTube vids floating out there that point to a 2024 model. Do you know one way or another? Thnx.

If there is, it should be announced in the next month or so - typically November, IIRC. Other than possibly a color change, it is most unlikely that it will be significantly different from any of the FJRs sold in the last few years.

I would like to see a renewed FJR with a Euro5+ compliant motor and updated electronics, but I don't think this is going to happen.

No. Only Yamaha knows for sure and they won't say until it happens..or presumably that it won't.

And to be accurate, the FJR was retired in various markets several years ago ostensibly because of Euro emissions changes. It has continued in North America and several other markets.

This is also the time of year as autumn kicks in that everybody wonders when the new one will be out, what color, etc. And for the past three years the announcement has been in the latter half of November with the actual release being in January...so patience. ;)

That said, I tend to trust speculation by a forum member that has owned likely the most FJRs of anybody and was a Yamaha employee for some time--that when it truly is the last year for the U.S.--they will release the "Ultimate Edition" like they did in the markets as the swan song. And I hope they do too!

And welcome to the forum!

Forum management note: This will be the one thread the speculation thread for the season about the FJR1300. Let's keep this thread SPECIFICALLY about the 2024 FJR1300 please. Thanks.

Last edited:
Just put the R1 electronics package on it... please, Yamaha, please (I have an '15 R1 track bike with auto blip up and down shifting and the slide/TC/wheelie control is off the charts). Sure my '17 FJR-ES had that stuff. Please, Yamaha, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.