2500 to 2800 rpm range

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave3d

Reaction score
HI,

I have an 08 A model. Since day one I have noticed at 2500 rpm to 2800 rpm the engine has a different sound and has a slight vibration to it. Under 2500 it is smooth and over 2800 smooth again. Yes around 2900 or 3000 rpm it is in turbo mode. Just curious if this is typical for this machine at that rpm range, also it does seem at that range from 2500 to 2800 it is like a flat spot.

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know what your bike issue is or if it is an issue...but I spend very little time down there.

I'm sure ionbeam or others will give a real answer soon...not to worry.

Sounds like the typical lean surge that most FJR's share.. They come very lean from the factory..

Do some searching on the barbarian mod.

Do the barbarian ecu plug mod.

Go +5 to +7 on each cylinders' CO value. This should help out a lot.

WW

HI,I have an 08 A model. Since day one I have noticed at 2500 rpm to 2800 rpm the engine has a different sound and has a slight vibration to it. Under 2500 it is smooth and over 2800 smooth again. Yes around 2900 or 3000 rpm it is in turbo mode. Just curious if this is typical for this machine at that rpm range, also it does seem at that range from 2500 to 2800 it is like a flat spot.

Thanks,

Dave
Dave3d,

I had the same vibration on my 2004 and my 2007 at the exact same rpm range. If I load the engine at a little under 3000rpm, it vibrates like a weak driveline cush spring. But since my new 2007 also does it at the exact same rpms and load, I assumed it is normal. Since it was so repeatable from the 2004 to the 2007 and since the 2007 has been all over the place with CO adjustments, carb syncs, throttle spring relaxation and a new ECU, I don't believe it has anything to do with fuel delivery. I suspect a more mechanical origin.

This is the first time I have seen this mentioned in the forum. Maybe someone can explain it to the both of us.

Slardy

Last edited by a moderator: