280 lbs 70 hp truly "ripus maximus"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy just got one. His ride report was 'honking good fun', and front tire wear will be minimal, because it wheelies in any gear.

My riding group has gotten 3 new bikes this year, 2 1098s and the SXV. Woes as me, all I have is a FJR... Though it's the best bike I ever owned.

dgfella

Those Aprilia super motos are really cool. They just look more fun than the others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep an awesome toy to say the least if you don't mind the 1+ gallon fuel capacity that equals about a 70 mile range limit..lol...One of my friends just took ownership of one of the 550's and was warned there is only a 6 month warranty the thing is HIGH maintenance and already has a recall on the water pump seal that is back ordered...oh and removing all the restrictions to gain the HP of the Euro model automaticly VOIDS said 6 month warranty..big surprise... Still an awesome bike but ouch thats alot to swallow on a brand new stinkin bike

Heard there have been a few reports of blown seals and sucking oil up into the airbox. A good friend has the RXV 450 off-road model and it's art on wheels!